Sunday, February 24, 2008

Aunt Karen's Art Quilt

Today my Mom, Grandma, Aunt Karen and I went to the Patched Works to search for fabric and a pattern for an Art Quilt that Karen would like for above her Fire Place. We pulled batik's to match the colors in her living room; blue in a rug, tan in the rug and walls, brown in the furniture and red/black in some of the furnishings.


Fabrics for A bit askew



The pattern that she chose is "A Bit Askew" by Blue Underground.


A Bit Askew

Now I'll work on getting it cut and sewn this week. AK goes back to Arizona on Sunday. If at all possible I'd like to send this back with her so that we don't have to ship it only a few days later. It should go together really quickly but in the mean time I'm going to have to wait to quilt Moneik's quilts. If I can stay focused this week, hopefully I can get all three done.

After the fabric store we went to see my Uncle Bob. Last month he was in a pretty bad car accident so he's currently in a rehab facility and just had a hip surgery. He's not going to be able to put any weight on it for about 3 months.

I've been working on restoring the music that I managed to delete when I had my migraine and burning our Napster purchases onto CD-rom's. One thing I've learned...always make a back up cd of the songs you purchase. Even though we've purchased them I've found about 30 songs that the copywrite holders have pulled and we can no longer record them. Lesson learned, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Love the fabrics and the pattern! Can't wait to see it finished, I'm sure it will be beautiful!!!
Kristie

Moneik said...

The fabrics look awesome for that quilt. Good luck getting it done while she is here. Don't worry about mine. The weddings 3 months away.

Michelle said...

I love the fabric you all picked out, and can't wait to see the pattern. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Girl, where DO you get all your energy?????
You are such a kind, giving soul. I hope AK realizes how much love you will be putting in her quilt and it will mean that much more to her. Happy quilting!