Friday, February 8, 2008

Block of the Month Night

Tonight was block of the month. We were missing quite a few people. No Mom, Kitty, Jean or Gale. =(

Wendy had lots of new toys to show us. Many new patterns, books, charm packs and jelly rolls. Lots of really nice projects were shown during Show and Tell. I took my Sunflower dresden plate quilt and my finished Block of the Month quilt.

I recieved a card and a bag of M&M's from my Secret Sister AND, I have Secret Sister gifts to pass along to my Mom and Kitty.

Our block this month should be fairly simple, I'll be excited to get it put together.

I picked up the Jelly Roll/Charm Square ruler that I talked about a few weeks back. Sure, I could do the same thing with one of my regular rulers but I like the non thinking part. This way I can pull ut a bunch of scraps to cut while I watch TV or if I go over to my Mom's. I also got Tricia Cribbs newest book, "Turning Twenty, Feeling Groovy."





After BOM, Sherry, Maureen and I all pulled out our calendars to try to set up a sewing day...of course we didn't get very far with that. But, Maureen's been trying to stay motivated with Weight Watchers and we were talking that maybe if we'd all go together and make it a group thing that we'd be more apt to stick with it and keep each other on track. So now we've just got to pick a day and time and start going to meetings. Of course our good intentions became negated as the moment we walked out the door the three of us and Wendy went over to Mama Mia's for dinner!!

The roads were pretty slick by the time I was coming home. I managed to drive by one of the high schools as they were getting out from a basket ball game or something. Yeah, just what I want, to be on slippery roads with kids who have had their licenses for 18 minutes. Luckily I made it home in one piece but I did play in the parkway - driving a little quicker, slamming on the breaks to re-learn how to recover. Turning my wheels to get my back end to fishtail so that I could recover. I don't know, I think it's good to practice these things so that when it happens in real life you don't panic. Right now my Mom and Mike are probably reeling in horror.

To give you all a good laugh, I've been spending time this week wondering who the heck this Amy Winehouse who has been in the news constantly is. I mean the chick is nominated for 6 Grammy's and I've got no clue except that from her pictures she looks like death warmed over. So tonight I hopped on Napster for a listen. If you can get past her lyrics, she's actually got a great voice. But then again, I am one of those people who can tune out the lyrics and just enjoy. Her voice sounds like Billie Holiday. So there I was, downloading her album from Napster. So there you have it, I'm a freak.

Oh, and I've started telling Maureen that for her 40th Birthday next month that I'm going to finish up that hideous Harvest Spice UFO that I just love so much and give it to her as her gift. You think she'd be honored but she's reeling in horror. I can't say that I blame her!!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I sure hope your mom gets to feeling better so she can get back to sewing soon!

I love the looks of that new book!!! Do I see a horse??? Just my style!
Kristie

Maureen said...

I am sure the garlic bread was very WW friendly. LOL! We had a great time though!

Okay I am still protesting the Harvest Spice Quilt as a birthday present! I can't believe my birthday is less than a month away.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm so far behind that I just got the original turning twenty pattern. The new ones look so cute. About the driving stuff...when no one is on the roads with me, I even practice my passing by going into the other lane. You can't be over prepared....lol....
How goes the dwirlling????
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We have icy roads this morning so it was a bear coming into work. Glad to hear you made it home safe.

Quilting For Less said...

Just happened upon your blog! Your quilting BOM sounds like fun! I live where there are slick roads as well. Those ice ruts are a killer!!

Happy quilting!
Susan