Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dwirling like a Whirling Dervish

Yea!! I just finished Dwirling on a fleece blanket for Holly. It was one of those pre-cut jobbies from Jo-Ann's. Yeah...my two pieces wern't exactly the same size!! Oh well, just for the fur kid so I made do. This was my first try at dwirling and I really had a lot of fun. However, in the fleece you can't see how big my stitches are, if it was on an actual quilt, I'd probably have a hard time keeping them all small enough because it goes so quickly. I was just zooming back and forth. I used sewfine in the top and bottom line in the bottom. Only one thread break. That combo is a keeper, that's for sure.


DSCF2357



DSCF2360



DSCF2361



DSCF2364



DSCF2365

Yikes! When it's on the floor it's a lot more square than the picture looks! I think it's all the way it's tied; Mike and I were working from two different ends (It's for Holly...he'll do anything for Holly). =)

DSCF2367

I can't wait to Dwirl again soon!!

13 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Way to go Holly is one lucky pup.

jillquilts said...

Very cool! I guess I really need to get a copy of that DVD!

Hazel said...

Looks great I knew you would have fun doing it .

Maureen said...

Is Dwhirling a Pajama Quilter thing?

Holly is one happy looking puppy!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh man...that is soooo cool. I knew I was gonna fall in love with that. I'm gonna have to break down and order that dvd. I promised not to spend any money cause I got caught buying another Gucci bag. Ooops....what can I say. Husbands are so....stupid... sometimes. Just very cool, Jen

Cindy said...

Wow! That's so cool! I've heard quilting on fleece is a bear! Great job. Holly is so lucky!
Cindy

Beth said...

You did a GREAT job! I have a scrappy quilt just WAITING For a dwirling session...but ALAS! I'm still slogging thru feather echos on my QOV! I did work on it yesterday tho..and the amt to be quilted is getting SMALLER! YAHOO~

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just keep coming back to look at it over and over again. It's just so nice!
Regina

Suzan said...

I am so glad I just ordered that DVD! I can't wait to try "dwirling". I am pretty good at "loopy loops". Dwirling looks like fun!

Moneik said...

That looks really cool. I'm going to have to break down and order it.

Amelia said...

Holly is lucky...having people who love her so much!

Kristie said...

It looks great! I'm sure Holly loves it! It does look like it would be fun!
Kristie

AJ said...

I'll have to try that! I'm sure my girls would love one.