Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fiber Crawl & Valentine's Day Party

Today my Mom and I went on a Fiber Crawl put on by 4 local stores. Patched Works, Bigsby's, Stitch In and the Yarn House. Patched Works and Bigsby's are always on our list of places to go anyway but Stitch In and Yarn House were new to us. I haven't cross stitched in years. There's some really, really pretty things out there to be stitched but I need another project like I need a hole in my head. The Yarn House, well we have already discovered that I'm never to attempt knitting or crocheting evah again!! But it was fun to see the different stores.

Around 3 we packed it in to go home so we could get ready for the Valentine's Day Party at the Patched Works. When we returned, Julie cooked up some awesome chili and some fun postcard designs. I made two of the three. I learned that my Janome Jem 609 does not like my favorite Hemingworth Thread. Oh well, that's why I only use that machine from time to time!! No, actually it's a fabulous little machine and I sewed many years on it - it's just that it's as basic as you can get and that would be why I upgraded to my 6600!

But these are just too cute, don't you think?


Valentines Day Post Cards




I also started a new project on impulse. Giggle. Yep I made it until the Second of February!! I'm going to make a quilt called Eclipse by Blue Underground. I already had the pattern and a jelly roll (Chutes & Ladders by Moda) so I just started cutting away. I'll probably work on sewing it during the Super Bowl tomorrow.

All in all it was a fantastic day! We had a lot of fun.

Ohh yeah, I also bought a Valentine's Day Pillow Case kit. Can't wait to sew it up for myself. It's more brown and pink than screaming valentine's day so I should be able to use it longer!!


8 comments:

teresa said...

They are so cool! My guild is going to do some on National Quilting Day in March, we are going to sew up a slew of them, I have no idea how to do them yet but I guess I will find out in March.!

Kristie said...

I love them, they are so cute!! Looks like you did a great job!

I was wondering how long you could put off starting a new project! I really like the pattern, can't wait to see it in the fabrics that you picked. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Kristie

Maureen said...

Wish I could have been there! Still sleeping a lot with my migraine! YUCK! Was this the kit you picked up with your mom and I? How is the Batik Fabric Pack? I hope I am feeling better by tomorrow....Mark went and got dinner because I shouldn't drive! Funky vision with the migraine.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Too cute! I followed the link to look at your new project, but no luck. Says the pattern page is under construction. I don't know why I want to see what you're up to so badly....ahahhahahha
How's the bum? Doing better?
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

I love the postcards! They are so cute. Can you believe the whole postcard swap was how we became friends?? I can't wait to see your new project. Have fun!

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Jen,
Love the postcards and sorry about the rude comment you got. I just created a google 'account' so I believe I can leave comments now! Thanks for the info on how to do that.
Deb

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I love your post cards I have a couple books on how to do them but have yet to try.

Heather

jillquilts said...

Cool postcards! I haven't attempted those yet, but we had a demo on them in December at our Guild meeting!