Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today when I got to work there was a My Little Pony valentine on my desk from Nikki. How fun is that? It really took me back to when I was in grade school when you would tape the brown paper lunch bag to the side of your desk to collect your Valentine's.

Mike and I have this long standing joke about the "Burning Ring of Fire." My card from him was a singing card that playing. We went to dinner at our local "joint" Hawg City.

We discussed that maybe when we got our Economic Stimulus check this spring that we should buy a new mattress for our bed. We went to look and well, we're early; it comes tomorrow!! We got in on one of those no financing for 15 months deals so we'll just bust it up into like 12 payments and put that entire check towards it once we get it. We had discussed getting a new mattress from time to time; it's been 9 years and I think ours has been uncomfortable for about 8 years! We bought a pretty inexpensive one at the time and it SUCKS!! We've had two of those different memory foam toppers on it, they slide around and it's just not good. I spend half my life sleeping on what I think is my side of the bed and I'm actually half off the bed. Mike spends half of his time only on half the topper and half of the crappy mattress. The only one really comfortable is Miss Holly. We've both got bad backs so it was time to make a change.

It really cracks me up how we went in, decided and were out in about 30 minutes. Same with Mike's truck. We were in and out. Yet, on the $35 purchase of a new bed skirt I had us hit 3 different stores and about an hour with me complaining about alot of the skirts costing more than my Kohl's sheet sets!! Then again, if I went to buy a set of sheets now, my teeth would probably fall out from shock. I think I've only ever purchased one set and that was for my twin sized blow up bed. The rest were wedding gifts, flannel ones for Christmas gifts, came with bed in a bag type sets.

Any-who, we splurged. We're getting an honest to goodness Tempurpedic Memory Foam mattress. It's even coming with Memory Foam Pillows. That will be new to Mike but I've had that type of pillow for years now. Our biggest drama at the moment is the fact that someone we live with is getting older and this set up will be 3 inches taller than the current bed. I hope my old girl has some ups left otherwise we'll be getting her stairs. (Which we all know I'll end up running into every morning - maybe I should sleep with shoes on!!)

Back to the Bed skirt...it's off white and it's stippled!!!!! How PERFECT is that? I gotta say, my stippling is better and theirs is probably computerized.

I do have plans for our memory foam toppers that are on our old bed. First things first, I know two doggies with old bones that would LOVE to have them in the bottom of their kennels. We'll cut up a few pieces so that when they start to smell, out they go. I figure I can cover Holly's in fleece. Not sure if we'll do Murphy's in fleece or something piddle proof. The poor man has accidents from time to time because of his diabetes. Needless to say, he'll probably get the most of the memory foam, I'll just keep a couple pieces for Holly.

Here it's Thursday and I really haven't spent any time quilting this week. =( Tomorrow my no-flex carriage is coming too. So I can get that put together.

Above all, I can't wait for bedtime tomorrow night!! Oh, and when it comes, we're supposed to jump on the bed to wake up the memory cells. We'll be three little monkey's jumping on the bed....one fell off and hit her head (that will be me)... Anyone else remember that nursery rhyme?

11 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Wow I don't see you guys for a week and everyting changes. It's about time for the new mattress since you've been talking about it for years.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Momma called the Dr and the Dr said No More Monkeys jumping on the bed.. LOL.. I remember.. we call my girls little monkeys.. enjoy your new bed

Heather

Carla said...

I can't tell you the difference our new mattress has made for me. Now I almost hate to go out of town because I miss my mattress so much!

jillquilts said...

Hooray for a new mattress! Glad your itchies are gone!

Connie said...

Oh yes I know that nujrsery rhyme! It gets read here at least once a week! My DH and I have been talking about getting a Tempurpedic mattress....... I would love to know what you think of it after sleeping on it a few nights! I've got a bad lower back too--those ads make it sound soooo tempting!!! Happy sleeping!

Suzan said...

Good for you! I would give my left ear for a Tempurpedic mattress but then my glasses would fall off...

Regina said...

My son has that memorized - and so do mommy and daddy!

Sleep well and sweet dreams!!

Moneik said...

Congrats on a new bed! We've been talking about getting a new one after the wedding. Hope you enjoy your new bed.

Michele said...

Hooray!
And about the doggy stairs - my brother has some for his ancient dog; I'm pretty sure he got them at one of those unfinished furniture stores.

Amelia said...

Enjoy the comforts of the new bed.
Glad you found a skirt you liked. It is true sometime the small things take the longest to decide on.

Carol Van Rooy said...

Perhaps we could all come over and wake up the memory cells. It'd be like a big slumber party.

Have a great weekend.