Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Internet Access

I was so excited when I got home, Moneik's quilt tops arrived along with a Willow Tree figure that she had stashed in there for me. I was sooooo thrilled! I've always wanted a Willow Tree and neither Mike or my Mom have ever picked up on that. I've even pointed out the one I wanted. Giggle...Moneik picked up on that all the way from South Dakota!! I love her! So here she is, the Angel of Friendship (Can you see me smiling from ear to ear?):







So, I never ended up setting up my wireless internet. I had so many problems with it in the beginning, it was just too confusing for me so I continued to use my neighbors. All of a sudden last night I couldn't find anyone's to get onto. Again I tried to set up our wireless. OMG, I cannot get this stupid router to work to even TRY to set the wireless up. It's driving me mad. Between that and the fact that Mike hasn't run any scans or diagnostics or defrags on the computer since I stopped using it in December...hello people, you've got to maintain a computer, not just leave it to it's own devices. So if you hear less from me for the next few days, that is why. You think I'd spend that time quilting instead right??



NOT!



I tried last night. I got my machine on my frame, wound the bobbins for Moneik's quilts, put the machine on top of the new carriage. O-M-G, ummm, where are my cords supposed to go? I feel like I need a curtain rod on the ceiling so that they can move back and forth. If I leave them down there will be lots of drag. Where is my light supposed to clip on? Where in the world is my speed control box supposed to attach? I knew it was going to be a little higher, but come on, if I adjust the rollers, my middle roller is just about going to touch my handles. Plus, right out of the box my grips were way damaged. I contacted the company I bought it from since they are the only one selling this upgrade; they told me to contact The Grace Company. Ok, wait, hold up here...isn't that why I ordered it from you in the first place? Had I known I could go directly through Grace for it, I would have. Had I known someone else sold it, I would have gotten it through my dealer instead.


So I was beyond frustrated. I think I just need a fresh approach tonight. I'm going to remove the rubber grips since they're FUBAR anyway and just put that medical wrap stuff on like I had on my other one. Now, if only I can find that stuff in Pink instead of Purple, I could be truely happy!! But I'll stick with the purple if need be because it will match Moneik's quilts! =) With the medical wrap, I should have no problems attaching my speed control. If I put some around the area I want to attach my lamp, that should work too.

Then in the midst of all of this, Mike wants me to go outside to look at the moon. You know what? It's -5, colder with windchill and it looks the same as the last time.



Yep, it was 9:30 and I went to bed. It was easier than staying awake and being mad.

13 comments:

Moneik said...

I'm so glad you like it! I couldn't help picking it up and thinking of you. I can't wait to see my quilts, but I know the feeling of frustration and it really is just better to leave it and come back another time.

Colors of Me said...

you have that nice comfy mattress to go to bed early on lol! wireless anything and me do not get along - well, for that matter - anything with wires or not and i do not get along lol - i leave all that to dh to figure out cuz if i don't mess it up - i'll just drop and break something important lol - you've also been tagged - see my blog for details - i couldn't pass this one up

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I have that exact same one...a friend bought it for me last year on my bday. Awwwwww
Sorry you had a bad day...tonight will be better...no lunar eclipse.
Hang in there
Regina in MI

Suzan said...

When I set up my wireless router I followed all the directions and still ended up calling customer support because it simply did not work. I was on the phone with them for an hour but they worked with me and tried everything to make it work. Finally, everything clicked and it has been working great since. My advice, call customer service (even if they are in Pakistan) and give that a shot before you lose your mind.

Beth said...

That "medical wrap' stuff is called coban...my mom had bunion surgery and the doc told her to buy it at the PET STORE! If you cannot find pink there...let me know, I KNOW I have seen it here at Petsmart. It is the SAME stuff..but cheaper! go figure! I use the cord wrap you can get at office supply places for my cords. Whatever works!

Kristie said...

Love the gift, that was so sweet of her!

I'm sure you will figure it all out! You are very smart when it comes to these things!!!
Kristie

Carol Van Rooy said...

Arte there any Willow Tree figures with quilts... if not they need to create one. We'd all be out to buy it on the hop.

Regina said...

My mom sells these and I had her check the catalog - none with quilts but she will let us know if one comes out.

Moneik said...

There is one with a quilt, that has a girl, mother, and grandmother. That's the one I really want. I have shown it to my mom, so I know she knows I want it. It reminds me of my grandma, mom, and I working on my quilt together.

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Jen,
love the quilts and blocks. Glad the new bed is working out for you. Hope Holly is able to get up there... if not put her stairs on Mike's side or the end of the bed.... ok, gotta grab some sleep while baby is....
Deb

Regina said...

Oh - must have missed that one -will have to tell Mom to look again.

jillquilts said...

Hmmm, so you like the Willow Tree stuff....

Amelia said...

The angel is so cute.

You can start a new collection...you can buy some on your own...since the suggestion was not picked up by your family.