Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's so beautiful!!!

I just finished my black and bright block of the month quilt and I'm officially in love with it.


The quilting doesn't show up really well from far away on a picture so I've taken up close shots of it. I decided to use the varigated thread on the black pieces within each block. I was going to go back with monofiliment thread on the bright portions and for the most part I decided to leave it alone. I did end up doing some final touches with the monofiliment on two of the blocks.


Clicking on any of the individual blocks will take you to Webshots where you can see a larger image.


DSCF2307DSCF2308DSCF2309DSCF2310DSCF2311DSCF2312DSCF2313DSCF2314DSCF2315DSCF2316DSCF2317DSCF2318>


2007 Block of the Month

I did all of the overall stippling while the quilt was on my frame. The stippling inside of the blocks I did on my machine sitting down at the table.


Thank you Wendy Rieves for designing such a beautiful quilt for our block of the month!!


11 comments:

Shelly said...

Jen, that is an awesome quilt! I have only dabbled in quilting as my main interest is scrapbooking but after reading your blog, I really must look into quilting some more!

Suzan said...

Jen - it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors against the black and your quilting is terrific. I love the variegated thread on the black. It shows up so beautifully.

Moneik said...

I absolutely love it Jen! You did an amazing job on the quilting and it looks beautiful! I'm sure you'll really enjoy looking at this quilt.

Colors of Me said...

this quilt is gorgeous!! you are so amazingly talented

Maureen said...

You make me jealous...I can't wait to get mine done...I love the quilting!

Treasa said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully. I love black quilts.I enjoy reading your blog. Hope your Mom is feeling better after her fall.

Kristie said...

It's beautiful!!! You do such an amazing job! Your blog is like visiting a quilt show!!! I love that quilt, she did a great job on designing it.
Kristie

Karen said...

Jen, Your quilt turned out awesome. BTW, we had Wendy as our speaker at WQI on Saturday!

Amelia said...

So pretty. The black just makes the colors pop right off the quilt.

Nancy said...

Jen, this quilt is beautiful! I especially like the sashing strips with the black I guess in parts of the sashing. Need to study it more to figure out exactly how that is done, but the look is terrific!

jillquilts said...

That is gorgeous!!