Monday, February 25, 2008

Migraine Monday

Blech, I stayed home from work today; another Migraine hit. When I was dealing with my horrible migraines 2-1/2 years ago I remember hearing the term "Cluster" where you may get a bunch of them in a row but it really isn't one long migraine. I have a feeling I'm in a pattern like that again. No Thanks...let's stop this before it really gets started. I've learned to deal with migraines here and there...but days in a row are horrible. I slept until 11:30 and then got yelled at for not calling Mike to let him know that I stayed home. I'm honestly surprised that I remembered to call my boss. I was in bad shape.

When Mike got home from work he moved the computer out into the living room in preparation for the guy from Circuit City's Fire Dog to come and set up our wireless Internet. He was here over an hour and a half. Yeah, I admit defeat, I would never have been able to get it done. Our keyboard and mouse were shot so Mike ran out to Target to get new wireless ones. They're really nice. I'm soooo glad the Internet is now up and running.

While the guy was here I got the fabric for AK's quilt cut. I doubt I'll start it tonight because my sewing room is all messed up. One of these days we'll be able to get the old computer desk out of my sewing room, then we can move the frame to the opposite wall and I can finish putting my room together the way I want. But, in the mean time I'm hoping to get AK's quilt done this week.

The guy from Fire Dog also told us about an online Radio service called Pandora. It's free and you can type in an artist that you like and then it will play the songs from that artist while inter-mingling other songs that it thinks you may like based on some of the music that you've chosen. I really like it so far. I haven't heard a song that I didn't like yet. For example, if I type in Norah Jones, it will play other artists that sound like her.

I finished burning all of our Napster purchases to cd-roms, and only have one left to rip onto my laptop. I also used our external hard drive to copy all the music from our desktop computer onto my laptop so that I can go further with setting up my iPod.

I was watching a Fons & Porter episode and learned something new that I wanted to share. If you're doing applique where you sew your piece to interfacing, cut around the piece, and turn it to iron it down before appliqueing it, instead of using a straight scissors to cut around it, use a pinking shears so that all your slits are already made on the curves so it will turn more smoothly.

That's my night. Now I'm taking it easy in hopes that I don't have another migraine tomorrow.

15 comments:

Vera said...

Jen, sorry about your migrain, hope you get to feeling better soon. I use to have them a lot but not to often now. Yay for the wireless too...
Vera

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I hope you feel better tomorrow. My grown daughter used to have clusters. So bad that I would take her to the dr.s for an iv push to end it and knock her out. They were terrible. I really feel for you. I've seen how bad they can be. Great idea on the pinking sheers. That makes total sense to me and I don't applique. WOW...a lucid moment at last. Hang in there....
Regina in MI

Kristie said...

You poor girl!!! I hate migraines, I used to have them almost every day for several months. It got until I thought I would go crazy and I just couldn't take it anymore. My head would be sore from where I would apply so much pressure with my hands. After lots of testing....they were caused from seizures! I have forgotten the medical term for them, but they are not the type of seizures that make you jerk. I am now on Depakote everyday!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

I hope that you don't get any more migraines! I am very glad to hear that your internet is now set up and expect you to be back online! Yeah!

Amelia said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

Thanks for passing on the Fons and Porters tip...sure would help.

Hazel said...

Having had both cluster headaches and migraine headaches I know where you are coming from .Cluster headaches can last for weeks .There's lots of meds out there to help ( for me Imitrex works very well ),talk to your doctor .Hate to see you in pain ,feel better soon .

Suzan said...

Hope you are feeling better this morning! Thanks for both the info on Pandora and the applique tip!

Moneik said...

Hope you get to feeling better. It's no fun to be home and not be able to sew. Thanks for the info on Pandora. I'll have to check it out. I was going to use the pinking shears trick on that heart table topper I made, but they were so dull, they just ate the fabric.

Nancy-Rose said...

Thanks for the tip about Pandora - I'll check it out!

Hope you're feeling better.

Nancy

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Hope you are feeling better today. Yeah on the wireless hookup.I'll have to look into the song website, that sounds great. Can't wait to see you AK quilt!

Lucia @ Pandora said...

I'm glad your wireless guy told you about Pandora, Jen! It's great to hear that you're enjoying it.

I hope you're feeling better, and enjoy the music!

- Lucia, from Pandora

Regina said...

Ugh - migraines - hate em!
Yay Pandora - love it!!! I have about 10 different stations - depending on my mood.

Michelle said...

I hope Terrible Tuesday didn't follow Migraine Monday. There's nothing worse than a very bad headache. I do hope you are feeling great by now. Thanks for the tip about Pandora. I will check it out!

Beth said...

Sorry! I have been using Pandora for about a month or more! I SHOULD have told you! I LOVE it! Once you get a couple stations up and running..try out the 'quick mix' button. You can pick stations to shuffle. I hope you are feeling better. I would not wish a migraine on my worst enemy. My son takes Depakote for the BIG kind of seizures. Glad that Kristie does not have THOSE...ick...

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Sorry to hear about your migraines.. I guess it must be going around because I have been fighting them this week too.. maybe I'm sharing with you.. Sorry :-(