Thursday, February 28, 2008

Only the Picture Is Askew

It ROCKS!!! I LOVE IT!!! Sigh, I guess I'll just have to go visit it. In the mean time....I MUST make myself something similar. Now to pick out colors. Maybe a wallhanging for my cube walls.

My quilt holder is in bed so I had to put it on the floor and I couldn't snap the picture at a good angle. You'll just have to wait until it's quilted to see it upright!


DSCF2395


I'm planning on quilting it tomorrow after work. Anyone have any ideas for me? It's going to hang above a fire place so the quilting isn't exactly going to be seen. At the same respect, I don't think swoopy stippling would work well with this since it looks more geometric. I don't know if Dwirling would do it? Just something to give it some texture. Thoughts? I could go side to side/up and down depending on the block but I'll need to quilt the side to side blocks first, then I'd need to take it off the frame and flip to so that I can do the up and down blocks. Not sure how well that would work.

13 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow that is striking ,I just got a quilting dvd by Patsy Thompson she has a design in it called E'S AND w's that might work if you could find a sample on the net .

Suzan said...

Well, Dawn suggests using dwirling on busy quilts that just need texture. This looks like the perfect quilt for that! I can't wait to see it when it is finished!!

jillquilts said...

I have no ideas about the quilting, but it looks really cool!

Barb said...

Jen, that quilt is awesome. Can we be related so I can get one just like it! Seriously, great job. I just may have to look for that pattern.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love it! I was thinking the dwirlling for the same reason. Dawn (like we're on a first name basis) says busy patterns do well being dwirlled. I guess we can call her Dawn since we've seen her eat chocolate in her jammies....
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

I just watched the PJ quilter last night and the thought that comes to my mind with this quilt is the up and down, side to side quilting. You could do one row of blocks at a time and not have to move the quilt. It could be the same way the fabrics in the block are or opposite.

Trish said...

Your quilt is beautiful. In keeping with the geometric / art quilt theme, I would quilt it either with random concentric circles, or maybe the Baptist Fan pattern. I think the repeating curves would enhance the geometric look of the quilt.

Kristie said...

Very nice!!! I love the design and fabrics! It is very modern looking! I have not seen the PJ quilter but I am thinking it needs to be very geometric! I LOVE IT! As always you do such a wonderful job! What colors are you going to make yours in??
Kristie

Gina said...

I love it. Can I be your auntie aswell.
How about all over quilting but instead of loops and swirls you could do triangles. If you are not sure what I mean shout and I'll send you a pic

love and hugs xxxx

Morah said...

Lovely! I love things that are intentionally askew! I tagged you for a meme. You can see it here http://morahquilts.blogspot.com/

Carol Van Rooy said...

I was a little worried a first on how this was going to progress. I'm convinced though, it looks fantastic.

SandyQuilts said...

Jen I love it. I think something swirlie. I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

P.S. Did you make the brownies????

treasa said...

Great job on the quilt. She picked out good colors. I think you should stay with a geometric design.