Saturday, February 9, 2008

Simple Saturday

Today I spent some time over at my Mom's. She's still a very sleepy little camper. I worked on my Eclipse Quilt for a while and then took a nap myself because my head just didn't feel quite right all day. Then my asthma flared up. Gotta love the cold weather for that.

Mike made us taco's for dinner and we watched a movie about Jessie James...wow, 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. When I see a movie like that I expect Action Packed, but no, this was Documentary/Sensationalism type. BOOOOORRRRING. It definitely was not captivating my mind enough so I pulled out some charms to start work on my charm pack challange quilt.

What is this Charm Pack Challenge that I speak of?


Charming Challenge!

Frank’s Sewing Center is sponsoring a challenge!

We invite you to make an item with any charm square pack (purchased from Frank’s of course). Your challenge item could be a quilt, a tote bag, a garment or?

Items are due April, 1. -They will be hung in the store until May 1.

First prize will be a Babylock Creative Pro Sewing Machine!

(We have new charm packs, Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes and new patterns arriving all the time, so stop and see what is new!!)


It's a really nice little machine. It's actually the same one my Aunt Kitty bought a few months back. It would be perfect for me to take with me when I go out and sew. I typically take my Janome 6600 with me just because it's stitch quality is so much better than my Janome 609. If I could win the Creative Pro, it would definitely be a fantastic stitch quality and light enough for me to take everywhere. Right now Mike does most of my Machine toting in and out of the house. But once I'm to my destination it's all on me. Since I have a bad back, I could use a lighter machine for travel.

Last night I started organizing my charms. I'm starting with two of the Bali Blenders Charm Packs totaling 112 charms. I'm not sure if I'll use them all or not but I went through and pressed them all with Mary Ellen's Best Press. This is all I'm showing:


DSCF2356

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Okay I really like the start of your Charm Challenge! Good luck...I still don't know if I am going to participate...haven't a clue what I would make...I guess I'm in too big of a creative slump to consider it right now.

Moneik said...

Good luck on your challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun.