Monday, February 11, 2008

Some days I'm just not that bright...

This will be a boring post without any pictures. Gosh, isn't that exciting? NOT!!

This morning as I was leaving for work I couldn't find my shoes. I always leave them at the top of the stairs because they're wet when I come in the door. I ended up wearing a pair of my Mary Jane crocs instead. It's -1 out, but it's for one day, no biggie I rationalize.

At lunchtime I was torn. I didn't have a lunch. Go across the street to McDonalds and take the easy way out or since I'm out anyway just go to Walmart and pick up lunches for the week. I decided the responsible thing was to go to Walmart. Those Mary Janes? They've got holes. Walmart Parking Lot was slushy, dirty and very wet. My feet? Soaked! Freezing! In addition to the lunches I bought new socks. My shoes are plastic I rationalized, I can dry them off with the dry part of said wet socks. ONLY MY SOCKS WERE DRESS SOCKS AND NOT EXACTLY ABSORBANT. Sigh. Giggle. Shake my head at myself. Good thing I bought a 5 pack.

While I was there, I did get another rolling cart from Walmart. They have these wide 3 drawer models for $15. I bought one last week figuring it would be perfect under my frame. I discovered it would also be a good height to be under my cutting table. I decided I would put my stash in my two rolling carts. I should have taken a picture. In fact, I still might. I'm really stash poor. Which is a good thing. But the stash I do have is quite amusing. It's either by project or fun stuff for pillow cases. It's not exactly a stash one can pull from to start anything!
I do have a lot of fabrics that will work well for Miranda Day Bags which is fabulous because my class is coming up next month and I should have a few bags in different stages of togetherness.

I recieved my box from Bayside Quilting in the mail. I actually bought myself a Quilting Sweatshirt. I guess I've officially gone over to the dark side. It's red and says Bayside Quilting on the front. But on the back....it's got ROSIE THE QUILTER!! I just love her. I think she's freaking adorable!! While I was at it, I bought myself some of the Pink Rosie the Quilter fabrics that I will make into a Miranda-Ish big bag. I've been looking for the right kind of bag to transport quilts in when I take them for show and tell. Backpacks are difficult because they get narrow at the top. I think what I have in mind will fit the bill.

I got my sewing room sorted out a bit, had Mike move my thread holder from the door in my old sewing area to the door in my sewing room. I still need to put all the thread that I've been using back in it. I've accumulated a box full. Pull this spool for this project, maybe this, this and that for another project. Nope, wrong color. You know it goes! Next thing you know 20 spools are hanging out in your sewing area.

I got to sew for a bit. I made it a half hour on my charm pack challenge. I've got to change to a different foot because my accufeed foot is just way to large for a project this small. I also was sewing my blocks together for my Eclipse quilt.

Hopefully tomorrow I can start to dig out my cutting table which is truely a mess. Somewhere beneath all the cutting table rubble is Maureen's Miranda Bag that I still need to finish up. It's time to unearth it and get to work.

Oh, my shoes...were right there in the bedroom. When I rushed home on Friday night after work I went directly in there to change and headed back out again wearing my comfy weekend shoes. At least my toes will be fine tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Moneik said...

Slow down! You gave me a headache just listening to you. You're so super busy! Glad you found your shoes. Warm feet can make all the difference in the world. I have one of those carts between my machine and cutting table and I love it. I also have a small one on top for my tread and marking tools.

Carol Van Rooy said...

I'm forever losing my shoes. If only I'd remember to leave them in the same spot, I'd have it made. Instead, because we have cold hardwood floors I seem to always be wearing my shoes in the house

Kristie said...

Silly girl!!! Don't you know you will be sick! I bought one of those rolling totes last week. I put my blues and greens in it, I still need to get a few more for the rest of my fabrics.
Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's a lotta day for anyone. How do you do it? Are you on drugs that I don't know about? Just kidding.....
I'm still giddy over your dwirling. I'm gonna break down and order it as soon as you direct me to the exact one I need to have. Hint Hint....
Regina in MI

Colors of Me said...

lol - i usually can't find mine and they are in the same spot every day lol!!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow Busy Busy!! I went to the darkside a few weeks back as well I have a quilt t-shirt that bought too.. be watching my blog for a picture.. I bought thread organizers today at Joanns for $4 on sale.. yeah go me

Heather