Saturday, February 23, 2008

This morning I spent a good amount of time playing with my new I-Pod. Filling it, organizing it, things like that. I'm LOVIN' it. I even subscribed to a few pod-casts. I headed over to my Dad's to shorten a few pairs of pants. We talked about iPod's for a while and I actually learned a few things from him. I also borrowed the book that I bought him a few years back about iPods. I came home and I got hit with THE WORST migraine that I've had in a long time. I was also messing around with settings in i-Tunes and realized all of my music was funneling into a photo's folder. I tried to move it and had no luck. In my migraine state I managed to delete all my music. At that point I went to lay down...it was 5pm.

I was supposed to go out with my friend Ruth, and I slept right through it. I woke up around 10:30. I still felt pretty nauceous but I decided since my music was gone off my laptop I might as well work on putting the new CD-RW drive in the computer so that I could burn all of my Napster Music onto CD's through the desk top and then rip them back onto the laptop through i-Tunes. Well...our computer didn't like that drive so I decided to get industrious. I took apart the original CD-RW drive. Yes...took it completely apart one layer at a time. I figured I didn't have anything to lose, it already was broken. I had managed to get a label stuck inside. It peeled off of a cd-rom. I found the label, put the drive back together, still have a few screws laying around but it's back in and it DOES work!! Wahooo. I might not be able to install wireless internet but I can handle ripping apart a cd-rom drive!!

Man Oh Man, I've always known to vacuum the backside of a computer because of the fan BUT holy crap, the front of the system came off when I needed to pull the cd-rom drive out. EWWWW, you wouldn't believe what came out of there. It was freaking nasty. I never would have thought to open the front of the computer to clean it.

It was 3:30 am by this point so it was time for bed.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

I hope you are feeling better...migraines are horrible! I am glad you like your iPod!

Maureen

Carol Van Rooy said...

Glad to see your back up and running. It's definitely been a slow weekend in blogland.

Kristie said...

I hate that you have felt so bad this weekend. Sounds like you are enjoying your new iPod! Hope you get your wireless internet working soon.
Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Glad you got the music figured out. Hope your head is better. Sorry you missed your night out. You took apart the cd drive?? holy crap Batgirl! I don't think I'd have done that, but I like the attitude, what is there to lose? You go girl!
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

You're amazing. I can't believe you were up that late, but at least you got it figured out. Good luck with getting all your music figured out. I still need to figure out the podcast thing.

Moneik said...

You're amazing. I can't believe you were up that late, but at least you got it figured out. Good luck with getting all your music figured out. I still need to figure out the podcast thing.

Suzan said...

Sorry your head hurt so badly. There is nothing worse than a migraine.

Brave woman taking apart a drive...I have built computers but never tried anything like disecting a drive!

Michelle said...

So where's the picture of your new PINK ipod? Let's see! Let's see!!!!