Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blogiversary

Today is my 1 year blogiversary. I had all kinds of fun things planned but haven't had a moment to do anything. So that will be forthcoming. I need life to settle down a bit.

I was feeling overwhelmed at the idea of packing up the apartment. I know it can be done, I know it will be done, I was just getting in over my head with all the thoughts I had going on.

I ran over to Patched Works and next thing I knew, there was my Mom and my Aunt Kitty lurking! AKM picked out some new fabrics for a Miranda Day bag and then Mom, AKM & I went to Mom's to start working on them. I quilted the cover fabrics for both of them while they cut out their remaining pieces. I got quite far on Maureen's Miranda. I need to add the handles; well Maureen and I need to discuss handles first because I don't know how she wants to carry her bag. I need to sew in the hooks for cinching and sew the sleeve for the bottom and she'll be all done.

Next up will be to start on my super secret Pink & Brown batik project. I may have to pack and move but quilting will keep me sane.

Next weekend my friend Michelle and her Husband Louie are coming up to Milwaukee. We're going to drive down to Tammy Tadd's shop on Saturday, not sure what kind of trouble we'll get into the rest of the time. I'm really looking forward to that.

While I was working on my Miranda, my mom made a quick trip up to the Hospital to see my grandma and things wern't going too well so I ran up there too. It looks like we dodged the heart attack bullet. Which scares me because does that mean one is imminent? I didn't get home until around Midnight and I'm exhausted but wound up at the same time.

12 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had fun at the quilt shop and with your mom and aunt. Aren't the Miranda's so addicting? I had to really make myself put another one down and work on the binding on my quilts.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had one heck of a weekend...kind of my like my weekend last weekend. If you need time and space this weekend, just let me know, but before Thursday so I can cancel my motel!

Karen said...

Congrats on your 1 year! Yours is always a great read.

Regina said...

Congrats on your anniversary - keep us posted on Grandma - thinking "healthy" thoughts! Take care of yourself, too!!!

Carol Van Rooy said...

I'll keep you in my prayers.

HAPPY BLOG ANNIVERSARY!!!

Carla said...

When it rains it pours, huh? I'll be praying for your family. Take are of yourself-your mom and grandma need you.

Sandra said...

I'm jealous!!!!I love Tammy Tadd,I like brights.I met her a last year at Paducah. Plus I tried to buy her out. ha ha

Hazel said...

It sounds like you had a busy weekend .Take care of yourself and my prays are with your grandma .

Morah said...

Hey, I have a Tammy Tadd bag pattern I bought on Friday and it is NOT what I wanted....I'd be willing to trade........

Vera said...

Congrats on your 1 year..
Hope your grandma gets better soon.

http://www.myquiltblog.com/Vera/

jillquilts said...

Congrats on your 1 year blogiversary!! Hmmmm... I wonder what the pink and brown super secret project is... :) I hope that you granma is doing better!

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Congrats on your aniversary! Take the packing one room or section of a room at a time... I did 30 minutes a day and that worked well to not overwhelm me.
Hope your gma is ok.
Have fun on your project!