Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Color Theroy Confusion

I realize these quizes aren't anything scientific but man, this one sure fits me!!







Your Thinking is Concrete and Random


You are naturally inquisitive and curious. You're excited by new ideas, and you are a true independent thinker. You are interested in what is possible. You like the process of discovery. You are often experimenting, challenging old ideas, and inventing new concepts. Rules, restrictions, and limit don't really work for you. You have to do things your own way, and you can't be bothered to explain yourself.





Tonight was Batik Club at Patched Works. I can't wait to make a wallhanging similar to what Julie designed. It's so much fun!! Here are the fabrics:


dscf2601



I'm not at all a fan of orange, but these I absolutely LOVE. It's fun to step out of the box once in a while! Now, just to find the time to make my cre8tion!! We discussed colors and their healing powers. Talk about fun!! Although, if orange is supposed to stimulate appetite and purple is supposed to suppress appetite...what will this combo do?? See, it confused us too...we needed pie afterwards.

When I got to Mom's I decided to plunk down at her sewing machine and work on my bowl...which I finished!!! I can't wait to make my next one. It's sitting on top of my laptop, so you can kind of get an idea on how big it is.



dscf2598




dscf2599



5 comments:

Moneik said...

Love the bowl! The batiks are really awesome. You'll have a fun time making this one. I need to step outside my little color schemes once in a while... after the wedding and try something new.

Regina said...

Love the bowl -and LOVE the batiks! Those are some of the colors in my Sister's Choice quilt.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Your bowl rocks. Now next time we make them we'll use batiks so they don't ravel so much. Mine is still handless and I think that's how it's going to stay.

Morah said...

I;ve been DYING to make one of these!!!! I'm so jealous you got there first!! As soon as I finish my list one will be adorning my house too! Yours looks great.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I have had that patten book for a while and have never done anything with it. Now that you mention a toy box for your pup.. I have been wanting to make something for my girls toys that seem to be every where.

Heather