Friday, March 7, 2008

March's Block of the Month Night

Block of the month was fun tonight as always. This new block will be a bit of work but it will be well worth it. We got to see a quilt top from our last BOM quilt that was done. The quilter made minature blocks of all the blocks we did in the quilt and used them in the sashing. It's just amazing. I know I don't have that good of a picture but, it's lovely never the less.


A different way of finishing our last block of the month

After BOM a few of us went to Mama Mia's for dinner to celebrate Maureen's 40th Birthday. We swapped funny stories and before I knew it, it was 10:30. Time to call it a night.



5 comments:

Gina said...

What a fabulous looking quilt. I would never had thougt about putting the mini stars as the cornerstones

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

Wow that is cool. I love the look, but I know how much extra work that would take and it wouldn't be for me. I'll just admire it.

Deb (vtquilter) said...

That is such a neat idea! Love how it turned out. She did a great job. Glad you had a good time.

Michelle said...

The quilt looks great, but I'll never have the patience to take that much time for all that detail!

Wish I could have gone to supper with you. That sounded fun.

Happy birthday to Maureen!

jillquilts said...

That quilt is very cool! It's different than yours though, right? The setting is different?