Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mentally Decorating my 1/2 Bath

I decided on a theme for the half bath when we move to the Townhouse. I'm going to finish and hang 'Sublime' in there!


Purple & Lime Wallhanging



I'm not using that lime green background, I purchased a black background for it instead. It's pretty much sat unfinished for the last year because I didn't know where I was going to go with it. I just need to face the curves so that the border can be sewn together and then appliqued to the background fabric.

Quilting it should be pretty easy...I hope. Sure, I say that now!!

I'll look for a black throw rug and then purple, lime & black hand towels. It should work out well because this is an artsy quilt and most of my other quilts that will be through the lower level are more traditional.

9 comments:

Amelia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Was it paper pieced? I want to try paper piecing sometime...what pattern should I start with?

Amelia in oklahoma

Moneik said...

This is beautiful! I guess it does look better than a redneck bathroom, but only because it has purple in it!

Kristie said...

You know that I love that wallhanging. I've been waiting for you to finish it for a long time. :) I read back over some of your posts, but why are you moving?? Is this a new thing or something that you have been planning for a long time??
Kristie

Sandra said...

I like this quilt,I love lime green.I can't wait to see it finished.Good luck on the move. you know you will have fun decorating it.

Sonya said...

It is stunning! Is the quilt smaller than it looks or will you have a really large 1/2 bath?

LindaSue said...

Hi Jen

I am the lady that received Patti's scraps. If you are still interested You can email me and I will get the postage to you. I use msn not outlook express. I know you are probably busy with getting ready to move.

The purses are awesome. You are really talented.

butrfly2200 said...

wow, that is fantastic. Will really look great in a bathroom.
I'm behind in reading. Guess you did decide to move. Good luck with the move. It's always so much work. When do you move?
:)Carol

Colors of Me said...

hi jen! gorgeous wall hanging!! just wanted to drop in to say happy easter!!

Nancy said...

Love the wallhanging - that will be one snazzy bath! So glad you were able to find a place to move to. I know the moving part will be aggravating, but just think ahead to having a new place.