Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My 'Super Secret Project' Unveiled!!

I'm Tickled Pink with how my project turned out. I have a few more complimentary pieces to make to go along with it and I'll be decking it out with a few crystals once they arrive!!

I know you're probably wondering what the big deal is!! I took the knowledge and technique that I learned from the Blue Underground Studios pattern, "A Bit Askew" and turned it into a fabulous Lazy Girl Designs Miranda Day Bag. I also took my leftover scraps and made a matching Wonder Wallet.


AsKeW mIrAnDa DaY bAg



AsKeW wOnDeR wAlLeT

I did stipple the pieces but next time I do an Askew style purse I think I will use the quilt as you go method so that I don't have visible quilting. I think that will give it a more modern look than a 'I'm a Homemade Bag' look.

This is the first Miranda that I've used detatchable handles on. I wish more handles would be created this way. There is a screw that once removed allows you to switch out handles.

I've also got Maureen's Miranda Day Bag finished. I just forgot it at my Mom's. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to fill my new bag so I can use it tomorrow!!

16 comments:

Gina said...

What a great bag. i think the purse is nice aswell. It doesn't look home made at all.

I'm sorry about your finger. I've never done that , but I did break my finger when the needle screw hit it. That was painful aswell. Mal just laughed.

love and hugs xxx

Suzan said...

Loving this bag! I am inspired to make one or two and with the detachable handles, I could switch between bags. We did something like that with bags we made back in the 80s...when you were just a baby!

Michelle said...

Very pretty! Good job!

Joan, Lazy Girl said...

Hi Jen,

Your Askew Miranda is fantastic! I loved watching your quilt come together. And you did a great job using the blocks on Miranda.

She's just beautiful. And her Wonder Wallet is as cute as can be.

Great job!

Joan

Barb said...

Jen, your bag took my breath away!! I loved the quilt you made (I really need to look for that book) but the Miranda is "to die for." It makes me want to run into the sewing room and start on another one. I absolutely LOVE IT!

Barb

Carla said...

You just keep wowing us with your cre8tive genius! That bag is so pretty!

Bella said...

OH I absolutely love it...I was over at Lazy Girls group photos this am and saw it there and decided that's the one! I have my Miranda cut out but fibro is biting me this week...so I will be ready when the pain lets up! and I may do one like yours too...
FAN-BAG-U-LOUS!!

Kelly said...

Love the bag! I have been reading about these but haven't made one yet. Looks really neat. I like the handle idea. Sorry to hear about your needle accident. I always worry I am going to slice my finger off with the rotary cutter!!! I sliced my fingernail once, that was close enough.

Debi said...

Beautiful Jen, great bag and I love those fabrics.

Vera said...

Great bag and I love the idea that you can change out the handle. Pink and brown are so cool together. How is your finger today?
http://www.myquiltblog.com/Vera/

Sandra said...

Hey Jen I like the bag. I think you already have so many of them,you can send that one to me lol

Moneik said...

I absolutely love your super secret project. Honestly I figured it had to be a Miranda, but holy cow, I love the Bit Askew technique you used for the top. I think you did an awesome job on with fabric choice and pattern combination.

Regina said...

Jen-
She's WONDERFUL!!!
Can't wait to see how many Miranda's propagate from this great idea!

Treasa said...

Love the bag. Very cre8tive of you. :)

Carol Van Rooy said...

You must have a miranda bag for just about every outfit you own.

Wow, you just keep rolling them out.

Maureen said...

BEAUTIFUL! What more is there to say! Jen you are so creative and inspirational. I can't wait to see her in person.

Maureen