Monday, March 10, 2008

Quilting for a Friend

I'm quilting two quilt tops for a dear friend of mine. One of the two got completed tonight, and the other is all pinned on and ready to be quilted as soon as I get home from work tonight. The King Tut thread that she sent along was absolutley PERFECT for the fabric. I realize I'm not finished with the second one quit and I'm probably jinxing myself but man, the first quilt went so nice and easy. I only had one thread break and it turned out to be the end of the spool of thread. You can't see the quilting very well because it blends so easily, but in person it looks really good! Bottom Line was used on the back and I only went through 1-3/4 bobbins.

Moneik's YBR #1



Moneik's YBR #1 Up Close



Back of Moneik's YBR #1

With a little luck, I'll get the second one quilted tomorrow night and have time to package them up, take them to UPS on Thursday and send them back on their way!!



12 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great, Jen. You are a sweetheart. Your friend will never forget your kindness.

Suzan said...

Bet I know who they are for! :) The quilting looks great!

Amelia said...

Very nice!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh! She's gonna be so happy. You are such a great person! Very nice!

Regina said...

Looks INCREDIBLE!!! What a great job you did! Of course they were gorgeous even before the quilting!

Debi said...

The quilt looks great and the quilting is lovely.

Moneik said...

They look amazing! You're an incredible friend and awesome quilter.

Hazel said...

It turned out very nice .I really must try the King tut thread .

Vera said...

Jen, your quilting looks great. You are getting better and better with each one girl... good work. You are going to have a very happy friend there.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Wow I would like to see these before they get sent back. This one looks awesome.

Carol Van Rooy said...

I love the colour purple. Is this a YBR quilt???

Maureen said...

Wow...that is a beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting!

Maureen