Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sad Sunday/Happy Sunday

This afternoon my Mom, Grandma & I dropped my Aunt Karen off at the airport. But before we did, her and I posed for a picture with her new wallhanging. Gosh...I should have held it up to my chin like she did!!


Jen & Karen


Later on, my mom and I went back to her house and she played "student" and worked on making a Miranda bag. I was practicing for my class that is coming up on Thursday. I was very happy that my mom made it through everything that I hoped she would in the 2-1/2 hour time period. Her bag looks awesome but I'll wait for her to post the pictures of it. The best part is, she's SOOOO proud of how her bag is turning out. AND, she came up with an even better way to install the purse feet. While she worked on her feet, I worked on my class hand out.



4 comments:

Moneik said...

Your quilt turned out great and you both look so happy. Glad to hear your moms Miranda was on schedule! I finished mine up yesterday and I would say in all I probably spent 4-4 1/2 hours on it total. And that we re-sewing the handles on because I put them on backwards. Your class will go really well.

Regina said...

Love how this turned out!!! Wish I could come take your class - maybe it would be the motivation I need for the THREE Miranda's that I have cut out but not started...

Michelle said...

The quilt looks fantastic and you and Karen both look so happy! Your hair looks poofier...did you put some wave in it? Good job with your 'student'. You both did great!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just can't believe how great that quilt turned out! The colors and design are just wonderful. I'm not organized enough to keep a speadsheet....lol You are something else, Jen!