Friday, March 28, 2008

Sewing Machine Needles

What do you have on hand? In preparing for this blog post I realized that I'm a needle junkie. I don't like to run out, I like to use the right needle for the job, I like options, I like trying 'new to me' needles.


  • Schmetz 75/11 Quilting Needles - Use for Piecing

  • Schmetz 80/12 Microtex Sharp Needles - Use for Piecing

  • Schmetz 90/14 Universal Needles - Purses, misc. crafts

  • Schmetz 100/16 Topstitch Needles - On the Frame

  • Schmetz 90/14 Titanium Embroidery Needles - On the Frame

  • Klasse 100/16 Topstitch Needles - On the Frame

  • Schmetz 100/16 Jeans Needles - On the Frame

  • Schmetz 110/18 Jeans Needles - On the Frame

  • Schmetz 90/14 Stretch Needles

  • Schmetz 75/11 Embroidery Needles

  • Schmetz 75/11 Titanium Embroidery Needles

  • Schmetz 80/12 Jersey Ball Point Needles

  • Schmetz 80/12 Double Eye Needles

  • Organ 75/11 Titanium Needles

  • Schmetz 90/14 705 Handicap Needles

  • Klasse 80 2.0mm Twin Universal

  • Klasse 80 2.0mm Twin Metafil

  • Klasse 80 3.0mm Twin Metafil

  • Klasse 80 3.0mm Twin Universal

  • Klasse 80 4.0mm Twin Universal

The needles towards the top are the ones that I use most often. I change my needles quite a bit; probably more than I need to BUT, I really don't have any problems then. I don't like to hear my needle popping through my fabric.


Now are you ready? Here's the true sign of a junkie....


Needles



3 comments:

Suzan said...

OMG - a needle freak! I understand about thread and fabric but needles?!? Seriously, I understand completely. Nothing worse than not having the needle that you need and having to make a run to Wal-mart in the middle of the night!

Kristie said...

That is sooooo funny! Needles are probably my biggest problem, I can never remember to buy them. I think right now, I only have two!
Kristie

Moneik said...

I completely understand being a needle freak. I have my regular stash and then I have a second stash in my travel set. I'm missing topstitch and machine embroidery needles, so I plan to pick them up at a 50% off needle sale this week. I change needles really often too. I change with every project at least, depending on how long it takes me.