Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Sew In

Mom and I went to a sew in today at Frank's Sewing Center. I wasn't sure what to take along and I actually had a hard time packing up. In the end, I decided to take the scraps from Aunt Karen's quilt and my Eclipse quilt.

I needed something mindless to work on so I started with the scraps from Karen's Quilt. I decided to make a 9 block wall hanging for the end of the hallway at my Grandmother's apartment. I've got it together, but now I need some fabric for the border. I believe I will border and bind it in one of the red batik's, that will really brighten it up. I'll pick that up on Wednesday when I go to pick up my EQ6 upgrade at Patched Works.


DSCF2429




After that was complete, then I worked on my Eclipse Quilt that I am making out of a Chutes & Ladders Jelly Roll. I got all of the blocks put together, next I'll be able to assemble the quilt top. I'm not sure of the finished size of this quilt. It may end up as a baby quilt.



DSCF2430

Additionally, due to a Newsletter Snafu, Wendy asked me if I wanted to schedule another Miranda Day Bag class. We decided on April 24th & May 8th. So hopefully I'll have a good experience the next time around!!

7 comments:

Suzan said...

You had a busy weekend! Love the fabrics for the Eclipse quilt. It would be great as a baby quilt...lots of color and patterns. I think your next Miranda Bag class will go much better. At least you will have an idea of problems that might arise!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I still just love that pattern and those fabrics. I'll be praying you have a great class next time around. I'm glad you're going to do it again. Here's hoping for a wonderful week.....

Moneik said...

Those blocks will make a great baby or lap quilt depending on the size. I'm sure your next class will be much better since you'll have experience under your belt.

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Great blocks! I can't believe how much you always get done! I am sure your next class will go better.. maybe have the shop remind people when signing up what step they need to be on for the first class and a reminder of what to bring.

Kelly said...

I love the fabric for the Eclipse Quilt, can't wait to see how it looks finished. Sounds like your class was quite an ordeal, but I'm sure you learned a lot from it. Those situations seem to have a way of doing that.

Floss said...

I love the fabric for you Eclipse Quilt, I think this is perfect for the pattern you are doing. Sorry about how your class when, I am sure the next one will be better.

Maureen said...

The quilt for her grandmother's quilt is even prettier in person.