Saturday, March 22, 2008

Super Busy Saturday

We started off this morning with a Snow Delay. Kelly needed time to shovel the walk at Bits & Pieces. We picked Michelle up at her hotel and headed over to B&P for our Block of the Month meeting. This is the new quilt we're starting, A Kaleidoscope of Kolor.

You chose your own background fabric. I'm using a deep navy, Mom is going to use a tan. I was able to give Maureen her Miranda Day Bag which I'm pretty sure she loves!!

Afterwards we had to drop Easter Candy off at my Uncle's house and we then moved onto lunch and the Patched Works. We ALWAYS get into trouble at Patched Works. Michelle LOVES going there as much as we do. I bought a pattern to make a ClothesPin Apron along with fabric. I also picked up the Hi-Tech Totes pattern. I originally wanted to make my own Laptop Bag but wasn't finding just the right pattern. Then I saw one the Julie had received as a gift that fit the bill and knew I had to make one. Not sure what fabric it will be out of yet. I'm not in a rush because I did buy an inexpensive tote that is working out well but there's just something about being able to make your own!!

We were supposed to go to Tammy Tadd's shop in Illinois but decided with the snow, even though the local roads were clear it just wasn't worth it. We'll wait until we have better weather to make that trip. Instead we headed out to Oconomowoc to Ben Franklin. Ohhh, oodles of stuff in there! Anything from fabric to any kind of other craft item you can think of. Sort of how Jo-Ann's or Minnesota Fabrics used to be once upon a time. I'm grateful that Ben Franklin still is in that little time warp.

On our way home Mom and I were thirsty. I was dying for something to drink. All I wanted was the largest lemonade that I could possibly get at McDonalds. I was little kid obnoxious, I'll admit it....including putting the electric window up and down about 1000 times, hanging my head to the side with my tounge out saying I was going to die from thirst. I was hilarious, just ask ME. We go through the drive through and mom orders, "The largest diet coke you sell and a large lemonade." Um, ok, what happened to my largest lemonade on the planet?? Giggle. She just rolled her eyes. AND lovely, their lids wern't snapped on! But they slurped down quite nicely!!

Somewhere in the course of the day I noticed that my hair felt NASTY. Then it dawned on me. The phone rang while I was in the shower. I could tell from the ring that it was Michelle. That threw me off of my regular routine so I skipped past the shampoo and onto the body wash as I was frantically trying to hurry up and get out of the shower. Soo...I had hair product in from the day before that had gotten wet and gross from the snow ordeal. Then I got it wet, blew it dry and added MORE product. Oh, it was a sight. I ended up wearing a baseball hat that my mom had in her backseat. LOVELY, really lovely. Pink hat, red sweatshirt. I was a sight to be seen, let me tell you!!

Now of course, my mom was Jonesin' for some Junkin' so we hit another Goodwill where she bought another TWO lamps. Can I just say...I grew up with the most anti-second hand store, anti-rummage sale mother on the planet? So to me, this is new obsession is really hilarious!! After all that excitement we went out for Pie to celebrate Jill's Birthday without Jill. We ended up text messaging Jill some of the funniest messages. Moneik, had it been late at night, you would have woken up Paul with your laughter...FOR SURE!! Then once we knew she was out on her date we decided to call her and sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY really loudly into her voice mail. The voicemail lady didn't like us very much so we only got to record about half. Sigh, she did call us back and thank us but I'm sure it was a song she could have done without!!

Back at home, Mom was lamp cleaning, Michelle was getting in some computer time and I was working on my UFO #7 Christmas Stockings. My mom started freaking out about a lamp that we had seen the day before at Goodwill and what if it was gone. It was 7:30, they close at 8. Next thing I knew, we had convinced her that she needed to go back and get that lamp. In the car we went and low and behold, there was the lamp.

The UFO #7 Christmas Stockings are coming along quite well. All 6 are stippled, 4 have backings stippled and ready to go. I just need to stipple enough fabric for another four, add the tabs, put binding across the top of the stockings and sew them together. I should be able to get them done by the end of the month, no problem!

Once Michelle and Louie left, we were so exhausted. I laid down on Mom's couch to watch a show with her and next thing I knew it was 8:30am on Sunday. Oh Crap! I never went home! I never called Mike! He wasn't very happy with me.


Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a really fun day! I'm sure you had a great laugh with Jill and I would have been laughing too!

Bella said...

I love the apron pattern...looking for a semi-feminine one for me...I have also been looking at that Indygo Junction pattern, I can't wait to see yours...I am still working on finding time to do my Miranda...and YOUR MIRANDA is it. Keera (my dog) had a seizure a last week and I am on doggie-watch night and day, I think I can relax a little now, she is becoming more like her 'old' self, so hopefully I can get some sewing done and put some new pics of things I finally got finished up on the blog. have a great day!

Michelle said...

I had such a fun day with Jen and Cindy! They are just so much fun. I have not laughed so much in a very long time. Winter has been so long for me, and I have had some rough times, but this was just the medicine I needed. Thank you, Jen and Cindy, for making my weekend so much fun. I love you both!

Kristie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new BOM!!! I can't wait to see how they all turn out! Sounds like you all had a BLAST!

jillquilts said...

I love the new BOM, too! And you gals were HI-LARIOUS on the phone! George and I were cracking up! You gals really eased my nervousness about our first 'official' date and me running late!