Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thread, Beautiful Thread

My Mom's been kidding me that I have a crazy amount of thread. I guess I do but I've been accumulating good thread over the past two years and I have a lot of Polyester and Rayon threads from the 8 years prior to that. Since I'm getting ready to move it was time to move my threads off of my door and into boxes. I think they're going to stay in boxes because it's not very often that I take the time to put everyone back where they belong. I think I'd do better with boxes to dump them in by type. Sooo, I purchased three boxes. I was going to go with two but Mom gave me that look. I think eventually I'll add a 4th box for additional cotton threads but for right now it will work out just fine.

It probably took me about two hours to organize all of my threads and bobbins. I now have my bobbins in holders by types so it should be even easier to find things.

The first box has my Rayon, Viscose, Wool and other oddities. Looking at this grouping of threads...I really don't use them all that often and most of them are threads that I purchased years ago.

Rayon, Viscose, Misc.


This box is all of my Polyester Threads. You can see there's a mixture of everything from Hemingworth, Bottom Line Cones, Guterman, Coats & Clark, Sew Fine and I'm sure a few others are hiding in there.

Polyester


This is my Bottom Line collection. These threads are mainly used for when I quilt on my frame. I typically have quite a few bobbins of my main colors wound and ready to go. It's time to get winding again!!

Bottom Line


This is my favorite box. My box of cotton threads. You can I see I have a lot of Star Brand spools. I'm trying to use those up little by little. I have some Signature cones, YLI Spools, Aurifil, King Tut and Robinson Anton. This is definitely my fullest box!! These threads are used for quilting and piecing.

Cotton Thread


So, there you have it. A tour of my threads and it looks like a lot less now that they're in their boxes than before when they were on my door!!

My goal for tomorrow night is to finish up my Christmas Stockings which is my March UFO. I've got one day left...I'm cutting it close!!

3 comments:

Suzan said...

I feel exactly the same way about thread! I love to buy it and look at it. Not as bad as my fabric petting problem but it runs a close second!

Kristie said...

OMG! Do you think you have enough? :)
Kristie

Moneik said...

I have a lot of thread too! I have started going for the good stuff like you and leaving the other behind.