Friday, March 14, 2008

Frankly I'm glad Friday is over!

What do you know, I spent the evening playing in EQ6! Did you guys call it or did you guys call it or what?

What a crazy day this was. My Grandma got admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. Moneik received her quilts a day early via UPS, I received a package from my friend Michelle and had a horrible doctor appointment.

Let me tell you all about my doctor appointment. I always get riddled with anxiety before a doctor appointment. I don't know why, I just do. This appointment was for my annual Pap exam. Ok, that's just not fun to begin with. BUT, to make things worse my MD always has a student with her which of course you can say no but I'm a sucker and always say it's fine. The minute you lay down on one of those tables with your open backed gown and paper lap drape, you just lose all sense of dignity to begin with. Then you put a student on the job and I just wanted to say, HEY, I realize you have a job to do, but can you be a little more concerned for the fact that I don't want to feel like I'm hanging out all over exposed to the world. OMG, the breast exam...honestly my poor boobs were manhandled. Then we get to the pelvic exam. OMG, she couldn't get the 'cranker-open tool' situated in the right place so now her AND the doctor are down there. I'm traumatized. They managed to pinch my cervix. Oh dear god, I may never be the same again. Then I had to go give blood and my usual lady Rochelle wasn't there. I'm very gun-shy when it comes to giving blood or getting stuck with anything ever since my blood clot. So here I am with a different blood sucker lady and wow...it hurt!! I came home and felt woozie. I ate dinner and took a 4 hour nap. I figure I deserved that nap!!

When I woke up I putzed with EQ for a while. I designed my first quilt...was it really my design? No, not so much. I know it's a storm at sea but I've always wanted to make one. When does a quilt BECOME your own design? It could still use some work, but I think it looks pretty good for a first try.



Storm at sea


As I said earlier I recieved an awesome package in the mail from my friend Michelle. What a surprise! I knew about the angel, but not the rest of the goodies!! Thank you. Thank You, THANK YOU Michelle!!


DSCF2542

I received in the mail today an awesome book that I had ordered. It's a hard cover Quilt Pink book that tells the story of many of the Quilt Pink quilts that were auctioned. It also has some patterns in it but I was more interested in the stories.


DSCF2543



6 comments:

Regina said...

Love that quilt design! Sorry to hear about your medical trials and tribulations - I got jabbed the other day also - but the guy was surprisingly gentle. The "other" stuff is not until next month - reminds me I need to make the appointment...

Deb (vtquilter) said...

I really like that quilt design... someday I'll make one. Sorry about the doctor appointment, but just think, it is done for another year! I know, I am just way too positive...
Hope your gma gets better soon. I'll send some prayers up for all of you.
Deb

Moneik said...

Wow you've had a tramatizing day! Last year I had to go on my birthday, not a fun thing to do! I love the quilt you designed, but I'm with you on the when does it become yours? Who really knows with all the EQ people out there. Glad to hear you got your packages! That always makes for a good day.

Karen said...

Be glad you only have to go once a year! Since my cancer, the speculum and I have become close friends...lol...we see each other once every 3 months!!! Hope your grandma is feeling better soon. Prayers are on their way.

Bella said...

Oh my YUCK...I hate the gyno and he knows it....sorry for your ordeal. I hope grandma is doing better...sending up prayers. I love your EQ Pink Seas...lol, want to do one myself...I got a new sewing foot (read toy)...I hope to show some flowery fun tomorrow...have fun with your new gifties!

jillquilts said...

Very cool prizes and presents! I love the pink Storm at Sea!