Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Alarm Clock Angst

A few years ago now I had to trash my old trusty alarm clock because it was no longer trusty. I bought a new one with Giant numbers which if I squinted just the right way I could actually see the time! The new one I thought was pretty cool because if you plugged it in and set your time zone it took care of the time and date automatically. It was even supposed to change for daylight savings and it did at first. However, does everyone remember this last fall when they moved daylight savings time by three weeks and then in spring we did it three weeks earlier? Well, obviously the clock is NOT programmed to do. Then I sat and tried to change the time manually I jammed the forward button and since the clock goes by days of the week I would have to go through 24 hours a day for the next 6 days to get back to where I needed to be. that so I've had to use my cell phone as an alarm clock.

I decided the other day to take one of the 20% off Bath and Bodyworks coupons and get a new alarm clock and I decided that I'd get one that could play and charge my ipod as well. Actually though, choosing an alarm clock is more difficult now days because of the change in weeks for Daylight Savings time. None of the boxes specifically say if they're updated their clocks for this new way of doing things. Luckily I chose one just has a switch on the bottom so that it can add one hour or subtract one hour. Here's what I ended up with:



So far, I like it. Of course I've only gotten as far as setting it and figuring out how to set the volume! But the pink on the edges, lights up so I can use it as a night light if Mike goes to bed before me I can have a little light to see my way. Normally I walk around with my cell phone open.



I'm digging the fact that it charges my ipod because if I plug it into my laptop and I close it's lid for the night, it doesn't charge. So this is great, and I can also wake up to songs off of my ipod. If my ipod isn't plugged in, it automatically switches over to a buzzer. It sounds a lot better than I thought it would for a $50 retail price.


Of course, it's pink!!



4 comments:

Kristie said...

Looks like such a cool clock! Here I just have an old clock from the Dollar Store, I think I paid $5 for it. I had no clue that they even made clocks like this....I really need to get out more! :)
Kristie

jillquilts said...

yeah! It's pink! How awesome! I hope that it works for you.

Michelle said...

I love it!

Moneik said...

I love it, but then it is pink!