Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool!!

Whew, it's just before midnight and I didn't have any April Fool's Day pranks played on me. I HATE April Fool's Day pranks. When I was a kid my Dad always played the WORST pranks.

It was a pretty good day. Mike and I went to vote after work. This was our last time voting at this location. We went for dinner and then I came home to sew.

While sewing I listened to the last two hours of "The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards. It was a 16 hour audio book and I was captivated. I just couldn't stop listening to it. I highly recommend it.

I got a lot of sewing done this evening. I finished my March UFO #7 which was 6 Christmas Stockings that have been in my UFO pile since Fall of 2006. I'm glad they're done!

Christmas Stockings



Christmas Stockings



Since I was on a roll I decided to put the hanging sleeves & corners on my Grandma's wallhanging. I also got the binding put on. I still need to hand sew the sleeves down but that's a project that I can take with me to work on at lunch time.




DSCF2643



Lastly, I had wanted to make myself a new name tag to go with the apron that I just finished. I took it's picture with my scissors so you can get an idea on the size. I paper pieced the letters after I printed them out from Foundation Factory. I think I made them like 2.5" high and 1.5" wide or something like that. Notice, I even have a nice smooth join on the binding. Of course, don't look at the back because I did hand sew it down...now my wrist hurts bad. I'll be sleeping with my wrist brace on tonight and I'll be good as new in the morning. But yeah, my hand sewing...leaves a lot to be desired!!



DSCF2644

I was really surprised at how quick and easy these letters paper pieced up. I used the add an eighth ruler. The whole project took less than an hour...ok, except for hand sewing the binding.

Wow, three quilty things crossed off my list in ONE day. Hopefully it will be a good month!!

As if I haven't already shown you enough eye candy for the day, I'll leave you with two shots of my cousin Tim's new puppies. The chocolate lab is Belle, the black lab is Jasmine. He picked up Belle the day before Easter and just got Jasmine this last weekend. He decided to go back and get one of Belle's sisters. It's so exciting! I wish he lived closer, it would be so much fun to play with his girls and watch them grow!


belle 013



belle 019




7 comments:

Gina said...

Those pups are so cute, but I can tell that they are going to cause so much trouble as they get older.

love and hugs xx

Suzan said...

Way to go, busy girl! Wish I could find time to sew since I got back from retreat.

Darling pups!

jillquilts said...

Oh, those pups are adorable!! Maybe a new puppy will help... Nah!! I am happy with my two! They both cuddled with me this morning. What more can a girl ask for???

Moneik said...

You have a accomplished a lot in a short amount of time! I love the letters. Did you use the 300 paperpieced book from Carol Doak? I think mom was using that book for her name tag.

Regina said...

Wow - you've been busy. I was playing with paper pieced letters yesterday, too - but used a free pattern I found in a heart block. I like yours better as letters, but mine will work for the project I am doing... I will have to look for your pattern down the line though - looks nice.

Maureen said...

Impressive...as you know I don't do paper pieceing well at all so I have to be amazed! Also the stocking turned out well...and your grandmother's wallhanging is elegant.

Okay now AHHHHH the puppies are sooooooo cute. I love puppies...wish Emma could have remained smaller longer...hence why I use the blog picture I do.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Oh my new little great nieces are just adorable. Can't you just feel that soft puppy fur, and smell that puppy breath.