Monday, April 14, 2008

Cutting, cutting and more cutting...

I started cutting for my Snapshots quilts tonight. I'm actually cutting for a Twin Sized to be made into a shower curtain for our new bathroom and a Queen Sized as a wedding gift for my friend Shell all out of the same fabric line. I still have some cutting to finish up for this tomorrow.



DSCF2724



I cut out fabric for 4 pillow cases. Two will go with our Moda Chocolat quilt on our bed. To me the fabric just screams old time pillow case. Luckily I had some left over surf and sand to use as flanges. The other two pillow cases will match the borders that I used in the Yellow Brick Road quilts that I made for my Mom and I around Christmas Time. Since I'll need to wash the pillow cases after I make them, I'll use them as dirty clothes bags during retreat!

DSCF2723


I forgot to post about this last week. My mom's been making some coasters out of wash line using the same technique as we used to make our bowls. She made me two small coasters and one larger one. The larger one is to go under my metal cone thread stand because it has a rough bottom. Now I don't have to worry about scratching up my table!

DSCF2725

I watched the Memory Keepers Daughter tonight. I had DVR-ed it. It was on Lifetime over the weekend. When I first saw the ad for it, I thought this would be a great time to read the book so I downloaded it from Audible. I thought the book was absolutley fantastic. The movie...not so much. I don't know what I expected. The book was 16 hours long and the movie 2 hours. I think they cut out a lot of really critical stuff. Definitely read the book if you're considering watching this movie. The movie made me think, what's the big deal?? If I would have watched the movie first, I would not have even dreamed about reading the book.


2 comments:

Moneik said...

The coasters are so neat! I really need to try my hand at that project. Your cut out fabric is going to go together quickly! I can't wait to see what you have done when you get home.

Barb said...

Jen ~ I love those blue/brown fabrics. I've been eyeing them at my LQS for a while now. I may have to break down and get them while I can. Also love the coasters! Hope you are having fun