Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting Ready for the Big Quilt Show!

Gosh, I can hardly contain myself. I packed up my stuff to go to the Quilt Show in Rosemont IL tonight. I have one backpack to leave on the bus full of bottled water, Coke Zero, pretzles, M&M's, Cereal Bars, and Cheez-It's. Then I have my backpack that I'll wear into the show to collect my purchases. In it I have a bottle of water, a small bottle of Coke Zero, some random snacks, my cell phone, epi pen, essential stuff like that. Then I realized that since my backpack is red, my sweatshirt is red, that I have no little purses that don't totally clash with Red.

At 11pm I decided to make a Runaround Bag. I decided to use some red sunflower fabric that I never quite decided what I wanted to to with but did am still in love with. I like to round the corners on the bottom of the Runaround Bag and then I decided to round the corners on the top too...of course the top corners were decided on AFTER it was all sewn together and the edges were overcast. Yours truely just rounded those corners, re-overcast them and flipped her purse right side out. DUH, now my purse handle comes off of the purse on the SIDES. My handle is also a tad on the short side. Oh well, it will work for the quilt show. When I have some extra time I'll pick out those stitches, make the handle longer and re-sew the handle into a good spot.


DSCF2690



DSCF2691



I also decided that I'm going to wear one of my brand new pairs of Crocs. My Mickey Mouse Mary Janes in Chocolate and Cotton Candy. They'll get me comfortably through the day.


DSCF2689



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Your purse is so cute. I love the fabric on the back, bottom, the best, and I LOVE your Crocs!

Carla said...

Very cute bag and shoes. I'm sure that you had the best dressed feet at the show!

jillquilts said...

Cute shoes!! So when do we hear what you got??

Moneik said...

Your purse and shoes rock. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Carol Van Rooy said...

Those shoes are so cute. I've a pair of florescent green ones.

Bella said...

Cute shoes....

and I love your Runaround!