Friday, April 4, 2008

Mother's Day Came Early

For my Mom. I ordered her a sewing cabinet and it came earlier this week. Tonight Mom and I assembled it. It went together pretty easily. In a few weeks Michelle and Louie are going to come up and Louie is going to modify the top and add a shelf so that her machine can be recessed. It was all Michelle's idea!! =) She has a table just like it.

SD530532



SD530540



SD530534

Today was a fantastic mail day. I received an awesome envelope in the mail from Joan Hawley with some patterns, a magnet that says "Kick Bolts and take names later" and a bag of Lazy Girl pins for the St. Jude Retreat that's coming up in two weeks. Thanks Joan!!

I also received my Fabric Coiled Bowl Book in the mail. And even though I spent a whopping two minutes flippling through it, I did learn a few different tips for starting and ending and once my mom's table was together she whipped up a shallow bowl to put her Thread Holder in. She doesn't want it scratching the new table. =)

I was supposed to quilt Jill's quilt tonight but the table took up a good amount of time. Hopefully tomorrow night after work it will get done.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job at putting it together! When we put mine together, I noticed that Louie had no problems whatsoever! Notice how I said when WE put it together, Louie had no problems? =-) Really, it went together quite smoothly, and all I had to do was hold a couple of pieces upright while he attached the hardware.

Now, I will admit, I did not help at all when he did the modifications to it so my Juki could be recessed. That was a bit more difficult, but when we arrive in Milwaukee to modify Snippy's, it should go quite smoothly, as he already practiced on mine!

I hope Snippy loves her cabinet as much as I love mine. I have a shortened office chair that I use with mine, and when I free motion quilted Lily's quilt, it was just wonderful, because it was the correct heighth.

Hazel said...

It's beautiful ,your mom must be thrilled .You did a good job putting it together and look at all that storage room .

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You wonderful daughter, YOU! How sweet of you. Jen, you are just a little mischevious angel running around the earth! Hehehee
Hope she loves it!
Regina

Moneik said...

Oh how fun! I'm sure your mom is enjoying her new table.

Carol Van Rooy said...

I love the wood colour of her new cabinet.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I absolutely LOVE my new sewing cabinet. Infact I was just sitting at it this morning " petting" the wood. It's beautiful and I know the table and I, no I haven't named it yet, are going to spend many wonderful years together. My machine Maggie looks very happy sitting there. Of cou rse I had to try it out last night and make a small coiled bowl to set my free standing thread holder in so it didn't scratch the surface. I have the best daughter in the world, Thanks again Jen and I love you too.

Carla said...

This makes me feel so good but also makes me miss my mom terribly. She sewed and crafted and we spent a lot of time together doing projects, shopping, etc. She's been gone for 3 years now and I think of her everyday. Give hugs to each other as long as you can.

Maureen said...

Jen you are the greatest...I just can't say enough what a great person, friend and daughter you are. I cam tell your mom is thrilled and once the modifications are made Maggie will love her new home.

Maureen

Kristie said...

Such a nice gift! She looks so happy! That was a very sweet thing for you to do.
Kristie

Shelly B. said...

I have this table and love it-I would love it more if my machine were recessed. Do share the trick to this-
My favorite features are the containers on the door and the shelf that I can put my left foot up on.

susanm said...

Your mom is one lucky lady. wish I had one of those, Hope she enjoys her sewing much more.
take care and lots of hugs to you both.

Sandra said...

Looks like you got her what she wanted for Mother's Day. I would like that for a gift.