Sunday, April 27, 2008

Muah ha ha ha ha

Today I was able to find a fabric that is the same one that is in our Friday Night Block of the month blocks. I bought every speck that was left on the bolt. I wanted to be prepared this year in case there isn't enough finishing kits like last year. I didn't want to be scrambling when it came time to finish my quilt. Of course...how will I be able to finish when I'm so far behind in making my blocks?!?! I don't know when I'll get caught up...June perhaps? So HA! I've got 7-3/4 yards. Even if we do have enough, mine is done and paid for. I can always use it as a backing.

Tonight I sat and ripped out the rest of my horrible quilting on the Charming Challenge quilt. God, I hate this quilt. If it wern't for a contest I would have pitched it! I was able to put it back on the frame and then I checked my tension with every pass. I think I got it quilted in about an hour...I was shocked by that. Tomorrw night I'll put the binding and hanging sleeve on. Since it's for a competition I'll hand sew the binding down.

Here it is, in all it's glory. I'll post another picture when I have the binding put on it. The pictures might have shadows on them. I tried shooting without a flash so that the quilting would show up.


DSCF2795



DSCF2799



DSCF2800



I will admit. I'm a lot more happy with how it turned out now that it's quilted.

Well, I'm off to bed. For the last week I've managed to fall asleep on the couch after Mike's already in bed for a few hours...last night I was out there all night. Ughhh!! So now I'm siging off to make it into bed before I fall asleep on the couch again!!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks GREAT, Jen!
Love ya!
Michelle

Moneik said...

The quilting turned out really awesome! I like the color contrast with the black.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's a great quilt. Love the pattern and the quilting is awesome. Never thought of zigzaggin' one....Duh....

Kim said...

excellent work, Jen.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I love the quilting on it, good luck.

Kristie said...

Good Luck! I think it looks wonderful!!!
Kristie

Connie said...

The quilting design you chose is perfect for the piecing pattern!!! It looks awesome!