Sunday, April 6, 2008

Signature Blocks for my Mom? Yeah Right!!

My Mom made a comment about the signature blocks that posted about yesterday and it totally made me laugh:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) has left a new comment on your post "I got some sewing time in!!": Wow if it's me I don't think I know 60 people.

Sigh, you'd be the LAST person I'd do another signature quilt for!! Ahem, I'm STILL waiting for you to finish getting signatures or GIVE UP collecting more signatures on your 50th Birthday Squares. It's what, 5-1/2 years later and I'm still waiting to make your quilt??? Hmmmm???? Think you could get on that? We probably need to buy new markers by this point! I can't even add them to my UFO list. I think it should be on YOURS!!

Mike and I went to the Brewers game today. My first game of the season...his THIRD. They beat the Giants 7-0. We're now 5-1 for the season. Woo hooo!! It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and it was 60 degrees.

Afterwards we went to Menards, Best Buy and Sears looking at Washers and Dryers. I have come to the conclusion that I have no frigging clue what to look for in machines.

I took a pretty decent nap, had dinner, played on the net and then figured I'd play in the sewing room. This is what I came up with:



So? Good Idea? Bad Idea? What do you think about it?

Remember how I said I was playing online earlier? I ran accross something that someone in my Prolific Online Quilters group will hopefully LOVE and I decided she had to own it. Soo, it will be a surprise on the WHO and what I SENT!! It's a Random Act of Kindness, a Pay it Forward if you will.

9 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think it's amazing! It's so happy! So...you sure those blocks aren't for your Mom? ahahahahaha You must be having the same weather we are...I had the house all opened up...it ROCKED! Things are looking up around here....
Regina in MI

Michelle said...

Love the blocks! It was pretty nice here too, but I think it was nicer Saturday. It rained in the late afternoon.

jillquilts said...

Oh, oh!! I know this one! I know the secret!! ;) I feel so special!

Vera said...

Jen, I like it, I think it looks kind of artsy quilt like....

Moneik said...

I love it Jen. It looks really artsy! So who is the mystery receiver of the pay it forward??? We'll all be waiting to find out.

Regina said...

The quilt is fun - love those fabrics and colors -and it is just so funky!

OOhh - doesn't it feel great to do something random and fun for someone - I love doing that!!!

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love your blocks! A very nice idea! I'm sure the lucky person will be very happy with your kindness! You are a very nice person and do so much for others.
Kristie

Kelly said...

I just bought a new washing machine, it was an LG, front loader. The reviews were great on it and once I got it, the tech that installed it said that this was the best model out there. The yellow efficiency card said that if you wash 8 loads a week, the cost for energy was $15.00! I could hardly believe it. I got mine at Home Depot, it was $100 cheaper than Sears, plus they had 10% off that and free shipping and took away my old one. Course now I have an old dryer that doesn't match my washer, but I can hardly justify the new dryer just so they look good together... HA!

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Jen,
love the quilt! You are so creative! We got the LG front load washer and dryer last year from Home Depo and I love them. The only thing is once the front load washer is closed to start.. you can't open it. Some quilters use the washer to rinse and self agitate the water and you can't do that with a front loader...