Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sad to leave retreat Sunday

We slept in until 7:30. ROFLMAOTMSHPIMP (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off Till My Sides Hurt Pissing In My Pants). When I got up I was zooming along on my Snapshots quilt. I was still working on it while everyone was packing up to go home but I was determined to get those blocks completed AND ironed. I did it!! Wahoo.


DSCF2788



DSCF2790


164 blocks baby!!!

Somewhere in there I made up two more Machine Pockets. Here's Carol's:


DSCF2780


Here's Brenda's:

DSCF2786

Then it was picture time. Here's a group shot of the ESA ladies and they let me be in it too. In the back row from right to left, it's Mary, Me, Jill, not sure & Brenda. In the very front in Red is Maddy and in White is Carol.

DSCF2782

See and then I suck because I never mentioned that I also got to meet Cathy too!!! Here's a picture of the three of us:

DSCF2783


And another one of Jill and I:


DSCF2784


Here's a slide show of my entire weekend. Thankfully Patrice took a LOT of pictures that Jill and I forgot to!!




My drive home...well what can I say? I left right from the retreat center at 2:40 OHIO time. After about two hours of driving I pulled over in a rest stop for a nap. My lap of sleep really caught up with me. After a half hour I was back on the road. Another two hours and I was napping again!! But, drive time was only 6 hours. No biggie. But I was delirious by the time I got home!

I had the most fabulous time. I'm definitely going back next year and I can't wait!!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. What an awesome time you had!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love that pic of you and Jill. Look at those smiles. You two are like peas and carrots! Yeah, I really liked Forest Gump..hehehehee
I'm so glad you two had a great time and that Ohio seems to have survived!

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and got so much accomplished....Glad the state survived you two together!

Debi said...

What a great time you had. Don't you just love the Surf and Sand line?

Moneik said...

Looks like you had a great time together.

jillquilts said...

Man, it was awesome!!! I am having such a fun time remembering our shop hop! I can't wait until I blog about the weekend... minus the crabbiness from certain people!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow sounds like I missed out on a great weekend. I did do some sewing while you guys were having fun not nearly as much as I wanted. Jen I will be waiting for your tutorial for the notion pouches

HEather