Friday, May 30, 2008

2000 - Amish Stars

Yeah...don't let the title fool you. It's black so I guess that's where the Amish part came from. My grandma started calling it Amish and Amish stuck. God, I wish I had a close up of this quilt. I'll sooo have to take a better picture once we move. My friend Gale; bless her didn't try to stop me. Just offered her help. I still had no clue what a quarter square triangle is. Still wasn't doing the whole 1/4" seam allowance thing, just lining everything up with the edge of my presser foot. It will be interesting for me to take this out and really look things over now. Man, all those pieces!!!


Amish Stars

Then I put a really high loft batting in. I quilted it along the diagonal through the back squares. It's gotta be really scary!!!! Huh, now I actually am dying to pull it out and look it over!!



7 comments:

Mishka said...

WOW, that is breath-taking. I love the colours.

Michele
Quilting Gallery

Michelle said...

WOW!!!! You are a quilt ROCKER!
You have already accomplished more than I ever hope to!
Michelle

Michelle said...

WOW!!!! You are a quilt ROCKER!
You have already accomplished more than I ever hope to!
Michelle

jillquilts said...

I love the colors, too! I'm sure it looks great! BTW, when are there going to be anymore sale items???

Regina said...

Great colors- can't wait to see a close up (if you dare?!??!)

Moneik said...

Wow! I love the colors. I'll be interested to hear what you find when you check it over. I still have my first big quilt I made and it's a little scary to look at. I had no clue waht I was doing and ended tieing it.

Suzan said...

It sure looks good at a distance! I am amazed at how many of we quilters are self-taught!