Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2000 - St. Patties Day Jewel Box

Now this is a quilt with a story. Remember, I had a new puppy. This was March. At the end of January she had a broken leg with a cast. I'm pretty sure she had just gotten out of the cast since she was able to get on the couch, but I digress. There are TWO versions of this story. The other version blames it ALL on me.

I'm pretty sure I tied this one. Yeah, Yeah I must of.

St. Patrick's Day Jewel Box Quilt

So, here I was, sitting on the couch tying the quilt. Mike was sitting on the floor playing playstation. Holly went by him, he pushed her away. She jumped up on the couch, onto my quilt and PEED. This is where we differ. Mike claims she never came by him.

I got mad...beyond mad. I put her in her kennel and covered the kennel so I didn't have to look at her. I threatened to take her back to the pound...although we all know I'd never do that to a dog. Mike kept telling me that she wasn't a bird, that you couldn't cover her to make her be quiet.

I didn't know what to do with the quilt. It still had safety pins in it. I threw it out during my ranting and raving. You can ask Mike...it was bad.

Somewhere along the line my Mom came over, retreived it from the garbage. She rinsed it out in the bathtub and we hung it on my porch to dry. I finished tying it...quickly because there was urine and I was grossed out. As soon as I was done we ripped all the safety pins out and threw it in the wash.

7 comments:

Moneik said...

I would be totally pissed if that happened! I would throw a holy hissy fit I'm sure. Luckily that hasn't happened, yet.

Regina said...

Ewwww....

Glad you finished it though - it is gorgeous!

Love these stories -keep em coming!

Trish said...

I know exactly how you felt. Our dog once chewed a hole in a quilt I had made and HAND quilted. I was soooo mad. I was yelling at the dog and threatening to send her to the pound, meanwhile, the kids are running around the house trying to hide the dog.... The dog is pretty smart though, it's been over five years and she's never gone near another quilt!

Hazel said...

I can imagine how you felt I would be upset to .Holly is such a good girl ,lets blame Mike ,I'm sure the dog would have never done that had Mike not pushed her away LOL .According to my hubby he gets blamed for everything but isn't that what hubbies are for ?
Thank god your mom came to your rescue .

jillquilts said...

I agree that it was Mike's fault! You wouldn't believe everything that the dogs have done on my bed so peeing on a quilt is no big deal. Frustrating and worthy of a good yell, but no big deal. I am more worried about what the dogs will do after I put a large quilt that I have made on it.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I'm so glad I stopped by that night and took the quilt out of the garbage. It's such a pretty quilt and full of memories.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Thank goodness for Mom's because it's too nice to be thrown out. I do understand the problem though. You must have been livid the whole time you were finishing it. I would have been too.
Regina