Saturday, May 31, 2008

2000 - A Trip Around the World

Wow, I was editing patterns again...I think I cut these strips at like 2" or something. This still remains one of my all time favorite quilts. My mom's too if I remember right. The red, blue and green are all the same print, just different colors. It's little sunflowers ontop of the background. I remember my mom made so much fun of me for using three of the same fabrics. HA! Little did she know that would translate so awesomly in the quilts to come!!


Sun Flower Trip Around the World



9 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! And where is this beauty hiding?
Michelle

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Now thats just beautiful. You do have an eye for color. Have a great weekend, Jen!

jillquilts said...

It looks awesome! I have seen the neatest quilting on a TATW - it ends up looking like little bubbles or circles all over the quilt. I almost want to make one just to try out the quilting part.

Carla said...

That is terrific! My first quilt was a TATW but your's has it beat by a landslide!

AJ said...

Beautiful quilt! One of my first quilts is a Trip Around the World.

Moneik said...

What a beautiful quilt. I'm sure you learned a lot by making it. We all learn something from each quilt we make.

Regina said...

I have always wanted to make one of these - Love your variation on it - gorgeous!!!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OH my favorite all time quilt. Once all of yours get baths can mine come over to play?

Connie said...

That is a really stunning quilt! I have not yet made one of those--I could only hope mine would come out so beautifully!