Monday, May 12, 2008

Clover Fork Pins

You all know I'm a gadget girl. When I was at quilt retreat one of the ladies had these strange little fork pins. Now I'm a rogue sewer, I'm not big on pinning. I avoid it at all costs. I take careful measures to make sure my rows have their seams ironed in opposite directions so that when I put them together they're locked into place. But there are times when pinning is necessary and let me tell you, these babies are where it's at. One fork goes on each side of the seam that you're pressing together. They're fabulous for assembling quilt tops. Pricey, but well worth it.




8 comments:

Moneik said...

Thank you so much for spending my money!~ You know if gadget girl has to have them and says they are wonderful, I HAVE to have them too!

jillquilts said...

Ya know, I didn't care for them as much. I had problems getting them evenly in each side of the seam and ended up pulling stitches out. Maybe I am just uncoordinated....

Hazel said...

I haven't seen these forks I will have to have a look for them .

Quiltlady said...

I never heard of those but will keep an eye out for them. It's like Pepsi, "Got to have em." LOL

Carolyn a Ohioquilter said...

they are pretty neat, great to use when pinning binding~~~

Maureen said...

Thanks for the information...I know you mentioned them at Block of the Month Club. I may have to try them some day!

Autumn Moon said...

Do you ever have a problem with your machine needles breaking when you sew over these pins?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I had seen those but had no idea that they were a must have

HEather