Saturday, May 17, 2008

Freshly Squeezed Saturday

Ohhhhhh pretty!!! I fell in love with the new Moda line called Fresh Squeezed and decided that this wallhanging would look great in my new kitchen...once I HAVE a kitchen that is. I might have to get a little yardage too so I can make a table topper. My dishes are blue and yellow so this should work out nicely and give the kitchen some zip.

Isn't it just fabulous? I've already decided I'm going to do my own thing and finish those blue squares in a different way. You'll just have to wait and see what I'm up to. I'm also not so sure about the whole needle turn applique for the circles...there might have to be a little heat and bond action with a zig zag stitch.


Later on in the afternoon I went over to my Mom's to visit with her and my Grandma. My Grandma was in a really good mood so it was a lot of fun. I took Shell's Snapshots quilt with me to bind. I still need to take it's picture but I think it's going to take two people to hold it up and another to snap the picture. I'm waiting on that until Mike comes home. I'm really happy with how the project has turned out. I just hope now that she LOVES it!


I started working on another quilt called Peace On Earth. I guess I'll just do anything to not pack boxes! Kidding, I'll pack eventually. It would really help if I had a move in date. I need to have this quilt top done by the end of May and since that is right around the corner, no time like the present to start it. Grandma was giving me crap about how she was sure I'd have it done by the end of the night.


At 10 to 8, my Grandma started talking about wanting a Body Pillow so we jumped in the car and headed to Walmart. I was surprised when she wanted to go. We plopped her in a wheel chair and I proceeded to push her around the store and by the time we left, I was spinning her in circles to get a good laugh out of her. Then, I suggested Hot Fudge Sundae's from McDonalds. It was about 9:30 when we got home and my Grandma stayed up till 10:30-11. Mom and I were shocked.


I did get a few steps of the quilt done and had I not been so tired I would have stayed up to sew more. As it was I didn't get home from my Mom's until 2:30am!!


Here's a picture of the top that I'm working on:

7 comments:

Moneik said...

You have some awesome quilt tops in your future! You're just a sewing queen and getting so much accomplished!

Suzan said...

I love the Peace on Earth collection...but of course I would 'cause it's a Moda! Fresh Squeezed is pretty but I lean towards dull...!!

Michelle said...

You, GMA and Snippy sound like you were having WAY too much fun making memories. Good for you. Those are treasures no amount of money can buy.

Those quilts look awesome.

Barb said...

I just got a couple of pieces of "Fresh Squeezed" today. I think it will be a Lazy Purse sometime in the near future.. I love that whole line!

jillquilts said...

Love the new quilt taht you are working on. I really like the fresh squeezed, too. Glad that Granma is doing well and having a good time!

Zegi said...

Yes, i agree...the Fresh Squeezed is totally fabulous!!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Love the fress squeezed wall hanging. The top your working on is beautiful. I hope to get a few things done before having to leave but am not getting real far on anything

Heather