Saturday, May 10, 2008

It was a good day

Finally, a good day. A day without tons of stress. I got engrossed in a movie when I got up this morning and was still watching it when my Mom stopped by. She finished watching it with me and then went home. Mike and I had lunch and then I started quilting Shell's quilt. I quilted and I quilted and I quilted. Mike and I ran to Target and then I came home and quilted and quilted and quilted some more. I LOVE stippling. I know I've said that before. It's just so relaxing; expecially when threads aren't breaking. It was working fine as long as I stayed in tune to the fake right edge of the quilt. I say fake edge because I'm stopping short so that I can add another strip of batting, backing and border to it because it was too wide to quilt on my frame. Now I just need to attach those strips and then sit down at my table to quilt them. I might see if I can do that at my Mom's because she has our large plastic tables and I can put the bulk of the quilt on those tables while I quilt that strip. In the mean time, I threw it on the bed to take a few pictures. I like it more quilted than I did when it was just a flimsy top. It just seemed so busy when it was just the top.

S4011605


S4011606



This shows the three edges. I cut them to make sure that they wern't exactly even. Yes, the backing is straight, as is the top of the quilt, but they do not hit at the same places.

S4011613


Then I decided to load the fabric that I'm going to use for the Pillow Shams. I wanted to get them quilted before I took the quilt off of the frame. Now tomorrow it can come off and I can get those strips added.

S4011614


I found a pretty awesome pillow sham tutorial. It looks like it will be pretty easy.

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. You were overdue for one. The quilt looks wonderful and your stippling is amazing.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Wow that looks fantastic and I can't wait to see it in person.

Winona said...

I love this quilt. It is just beautiful. You are doing an amazing job. I have yet to get up the nerve to try machine quilting. I am still plugging along with my hand quilting. LOL Glad you finally had a good day. I love your blog.
Winona

Kristie said...

That quilt is beautiful!!! I just love the fabrics that you used!!!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Looks great! And I am glad that you had a non-stress day!

Moneik said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love the stippling on it. You always do such an amazing job of quilting! Can't wait to see the pillow shams when you are done. Glad you had a stress free day.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

The quilt looks great!! I love the colors