Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Moving Sale

I have been thinking about my move and all the wonderful quilting and scrapbooking items that I've accumulated over the years. Truth is, I don't NEED all of the things that I have and others may find them of some use. I have so many books and patterns and my list of things I really, really want to make is already 100 miles long so there's no sense in moving books and patterns full of projects that might have looked great at one moment and today are low, low on my to do list. Same with scrapbooking. I have lots of tools that I'm never going to get around to using. It's time to shed myself of some of these things so that I don't have to move them, meanwhile grow my sewing machine fund. I've tossed around ideas of ebay, etsy and craig's list. I'm used to blogging. Blogging I can do quickly. So I'm going to run my own moving sale on a blog. Anything that I don't end up selling prior to my move I'll attempt to sell later on ebay.

How's this going to work? I will list each item in a separate blog entry. First person to comment saying they want the item will be the new owner. If you really, really want something and someone else has already nabbed it; comment anyway in case the deal falls through.

Shipping, how is shipping going to work? Well, I think that will be a work in progress. I'm not looking to make anything off of the shipping. I'm going to attempt to list weights in each auction. When possible I'd like to use some of the flat rate options that the post office has. If I have an idea of what size envelope or box an item will fit in, I will list that as well.

Payment, how is payment going to work? I'd LOVE to take PayPal for as many transactions as possible. It's just easy for all parties involved. Or, you can send a check.

Got questions? Ask them!

The Blog address for my moving sale is: http://cre8tivequiltersmovingsale.blogspot.com/. Throw it on your RSS feeds and check in often. You never know what I'm going to come up with!!

8 comments:

Suzan said...

I posted a link to your sale on my blog. Aren't I just the best?!? I don't know who reads me that doesn't read you but I thought I would help drum up business for you if I could!!

jillquilts said...

Great idea, Jen! I will post a link in m blog too. I know that one of my old co-workers loves stamps and still stamps so she should be interested in that stuff.

Moneik said...

Wow! I already took a look and I'm just too slow. You've already gotten lots of business! Are the first 22 items already gone too?? I'll post a link too!

Debby said...

Jen, I'm not much of a commenter, but I do check out your blog everyday since the great quilt police debacle. Your Moving Sale is a great idea. I commented on the items I was interested in before commenting here, & looks like it was a good thing - you've gotten good response already. Here's wishing you a very successful sale, & hope the move goes better for you than it has so far.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

What a great idea I hope this helps to boost your sewing machine fund

Heather

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Great idea and a neat way to help build up the machine fund.

jillquilts said...

Where are you??? And I only have 2 more comments to make until I pass Michelle so I couldn't resist making one.

Moneik said...

I can't let anyone get ahead of me in commenting! I know Jill's inching up there. Where are you?? You've been in cognito all weekend.