Saturday, May 31, 2008

Peace on Earth

I've been working on this quilt top for the last few weeks. It's a Moda pattern and the fabric line is called Peace on Earth. The quilt top used two Layer Cakes and a bit of yardage.

What can I say...despite being really careful I had some issues. I, the anti-pin quilter used pins and some of my rows just do not go straight across. Soo, I was thinking about it and I realized...I started with two layer cakes. When I cut my pieces, one cake probably went straight of grain and the other not so much. I guess if you're going to use multiple layer cakes to make up a project you should really give it a tug to make sure all of your layers are heading in the same direction.

Looking at it now, it doesn't look so bad, but when I was attaching the rows to each other it was REALLY noticeable.

Peace On Earth



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks GREAT to me!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I think it looks great in the picture and it does in person too. I have to say I"scraps" from this top. I made one trivet to put under a lamp with the smaller scraps and I have 19 blocks made to put together a split rail fence quilt top. Once the fabric hits the quilt store and I buy fabric for the borders and binding I'll be able to make the 20th block and finish the top.

Regina said...

Passes the 10 foot rule by my eyes.

I like the color choices on this.

Moneik said...

I can't tell how the blocks go together so it looks good to me. Nice choice of colors.

jillquilts said...

Love this quilt and the colors! One question - what is a layer cake? We don't have them down here yet.