Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sleepy Sunday

Well, after being up until like 3am, I didn't wake up until 11am. Holly and I slept in, big time! Of course when I woke up I felt like I had a hang over and then I realized; Jen you idiot, you slept with the window open. Which, is a big no no in my world because of my allergies. A few allergy pills later, I was better but way sleepy.

First got to my Mom's around 3. I kept working on the Peace on Earth quilt. It shouldn't be too long now before that top can go together. Now I'll be sewing the pieces into rows next.

I left to pick Mike up from the airport around 8:20. I figured with his flight coming in at 8:30 I'd get there right about the time he was picking his luggage up and maybe I could avoid going into the terminal. I took Mike's truck because I wasn't sure if we were going to be taking his brother home or not. I pull into the parking structure with the truck and my life starts flashing before my eyes. OMG, bad move. I'd really like to know just how tall the truck actually is. I was ducking. And really, what good was ducking going to do me?? The clearance said 7 feet but then there were parts of the structure that said it was a 6'2" clearance. Yeah, I really didn't think I could make it though that!! I ended up backing up a bit to go down a different asile. Yeah...never again. Really though, I think we need to measure it's height!!

7 comments:

Moneik said...

Wow! I would have been scared to death too, especially with the truck. I don't know how tall mine is either. You must have needed the sleep with your all night sew-in. Can't wait to see pictures of your quilt.

Michelle said...

Sleep is good! I've been trying to get more myself!

Amelia said...

Oh no, husband would not have been happy if his truck was damaged. Good thing you thought about it before heading down the aisle and maybe to a serious problem.

Enjoy your week.

Amelia in Oklahoma

Gina said...

I always duck when I'm going under a barrier aswell. I have no idea why, but it keeps Mal amused.

love and hugs xxx

PianoWoman said...

My mother once did the same thing with our van. She drove into a parking garage and heard little sounds like chains hitting something lightly. She just shrugged her shoulders and kept going. Somehow she made it all the way to the top of the garage (about 3 floors) and then realized she couldn't get back down. The chains were supposed to be warning sounds that if you hear them, your vehicle is too tall. Eventually she had to find some maintenance people and they let her down a service ramp that had a heigher clearance. Thankfully no damage was done except to her pride!

jillquilts said...

OH, I'm glad that you were able to make it through! He would've strangled you if you hurt his baby! :)

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I do the same thing with my old truck and mine isn't as tall because it is 2 wheel drive. Did I tell you about my new truck?? Oh guess I really need to fill in my blog huh?

Heather