It was another good day...thankfully; otherwise I'd be snapping soon. If I can make it through the week, we just might be headed in the right direction.
First thing this morning I started in on the Snapshots Quilt top. I got the border added before I had to go to work. It went on just as easily as if I sewed it on before I quilted the top. I don't expect any problems while adding the backing strip or the batting. I now just need the time to get them done.
After work I came home and grabbed a few things before going over to my Mom's. She just couldn't get settled in on a project so I just started sewing away. I made the two pillow cases that go with the quilt and then we went out for dinner. My mom's favorite place for pizza is DiMarini's so that's where we headed. It was packed but thankfully the bulk of the people waiting were large parties so we snuck right on in and got a table.
When we got back, I started in on the pillow shams. I cut the tops out from the larger piece that I had quilted and they just looked HUGE to us. Somehow I managed to mis-cut the backings but I think that ended up being a good thing. Before I go ahead and make the shams for my bed quilt, I think I'll run to a department store, open a package of shams and measure one. Once I got going, they went together quite quickly. Why I didn't think to make shams earlier on for some of my other bed quilts I'll never know. I warn you though, for my first time out, the pillow shams look a bit like stuffed ravioli.
Here's the set: