Friday, May 9, 2008

I hate the Credit Union that we bank with

Thank God this work week is over. Honestly I don't think I could take any more. We went to pick up my car after work. Mike had already called our stupid Credit Union to ask to have our daily limit raised on our debit card. They were supposed to do it and didn't. We paid for the car repairs and then I went directly across the street to get gas. My card was declined. I'm thinking, what?? I call Mike, he gets pissed and tells me to meet him at our gas station on the corner that he's going to go into the bank and complain. I go there and try the card again..no such luck. Now I'm livid. I've made it all week without yelling at anyone despite all the stress but now I've had it. So I call information and I'm going to talk to the bank as well. I don't care that the girl on the phone wasn't at fault. I'm tired of my money being held hostage. It's MY money. We have our checks directly deposited into it and we should be able to use our money as we choose.Since I started my part time job I have the direct deposit from that routing into my personal account instead of joint. That checking account hadn't had a debit card in years until I requested one. When the debit card came, Mike and I were laughing because here a checking account that for the last 5 years that only had $20 in it got a daily limit of $1000 and our joint account has a daily limit of $500. Tell me that's not ridiculous?? The whole daily limit thing is ridiculous to begin with as is their turning the bank off at random times and not telling their members before they do it takes it to a whole new level.I'm on the phone with this chicky and ask why I can't use my own money. She tells me that she'll change it (as if she's doing me a favor...SERIOUSLY???). Ok, there was a lot of yelling in between. I was pissed after all. She claims that in June they are upgrading their bank to a new system that will completely do away with daily limits and random down times. Whatever, I'll believe it when I see it. Tells me to run my card again and finally I'm able to get gas.

I went to pick up mom for block of the month. We had a great time. I sat with my friend Gale and we caught up. We're all so behind in our blocks that we're thinking of having a block making day. If there's three of us, we can work together. I can do all three blocks of one month, my mom can do all three blocks of another month and Gale can do all three blocks of the third month and we'll be closer to getting caught up...that's what assembly line sewing is all about!! Mom and I caught a bite to eat on our way home.

I was playing around on ebay and I saw these awesome pins. I ordered 2, one for my mom and one for myself. If you click the picture it will take you to the Something Pretty ebay Store. I swear, I'm easily amused and I like sewing pieces of "Flair." That's from the movie The Office.



2 comments:
BitnByAQuiltingBug said...
Oh Jen...I loved that movie. I loved it when they beat the crappola outta that fax machine. I have felt like doing the same thing so many times. Great one. Sorry you're having all this mess at one time....try to channel yourself back to retreat with Jill...breathe in... breathe out...any better? NO? So take a baseball bat to a fax machine! That'll do it...hang tuff...Regina
May 10, 2008 8:37 PM
Moneik said...
Oh I love that pin! Only a 6600 person would wear it, but it's so cool. I may just have to order one.
May 12, 2008 9:15 AM

No comments: