Monday, May 19, 2008

There was a contest...

And you didn't even know it. I guess I'm sneaky that way!

You may or may not have noticed but I recently added a widget to my sidebar that shows my top commenters. The widget pulls data from the 500 most recent comments so the numbers may go up or down depending on the day. Moneik is by far my top commenter. Today it shows up as her having 76 comments, with the next in line being Michelle with 45.

The prize? Well, knowing Moneik LOVES purple, I saw the perfect fabric for her while at the shop. I bought us each a "chunk." I don't know why, but I like to call yardage a chunk. Giggle. Anyway it's a striped batik. I saw a picture of an ORANGE quilt on Julie's At Market Blog. The stripes on the fabric are straight, I just have it folded on the diagonal for effect. Another fabulous use for this fabric would be a Mock Bargello. I saw it done on a Fons & Porter episode with a gradient fabric. I think this would work the same way. Sew it in a tube, cut it into strips and then slit it again where you want it opened up, sew your strips back together and you've got a bargello with half the work put into it!!

DSCF2817




DSCF2818

Enjoy!



8 comments:

Moneik said...

Oh I'm so excited! I can't wait to get the fabric. I'm sure I'll have fun making it up.

kt said...

that's a gorgeous fabric... I don't think I've seen batik stripes like that. obviously I need to get out more!!

how did DH like the sox game?!

jillquilts said...

Man, you don't post comments for 2 days and look what happens! I was number 2 for a while. I guess that I need to up my commenting!

Hazel said...

Oh I seen that episode of Fons and Porter ,this fabric will be perfect for that mock bargello .

Michelle said...

(wiping tears)...Isn't there a second prize? JUST KIDDING!
love ya,
Michelle

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

*Passes Michelle one of her tissues* I feel your pain, Michelle!
Lovely fabric, Jen!
Regina

Zegi said...

Man, I didn't even make the board! But I haven't been following your blog for too long, so maybe next time...like I could catch up with Moneik!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

What a beautiful fabric I'm sure you and moneik will put it to good use.

HEather