Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday

Sucked. We'll leave it at that. I had a very long winded woe-is-me post typed up and then I realized...no one wants to hear this shit. So I'll just hit a few points and put that day behind me.

  • Wasn't getting any answers from the management of the townhouse and was worried that we were going to have to find somewhere else to live and pronto.
  • Was accidentially told our move in date would be July 15th...flipped out.
  • Went to rental office in person. Corrected move in date is June 15th. Still sucks but is better than being homeless for 24 days. Can't take any vacation time to move because my co-worker will be on a 2 week vacation during that time. Jen looks like an ass because of mis-communication with her HUSBAND.
  • Needed to go to my Dad's to pick up boxes, said we'd take them out for dinner. Dad starts rattling off fast food places. I'm like...someplace without a drive through? Picks a place, we move on.
  • Hand on the door when he says, this place is sooo cool you can eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. Jen and Mike both have deer in headlight look (Waves hands...severe peanut allergy here and I don't have to ingest it to have a reaction), think to myself; how the F do we get out of this without me looking like a whiney person?? Proceed inside and keep mouth shut popping two preventative benadryl's. Dad proceeds to eat peanuts, enjoying himself because he can toss them on the floor...I'm trying to not touch anything. He says he'll make sure he washes his hands before getting in the truck so there's no transfer on the door handle. Think to self, Ok you get it BUT...you're missing a major chunk of this...I keep my mouth shut.
  • Get in truck, proceed to scratch every orafice of my body that I can get to. Go to grocery store with Mike, walk around like I'm drunk and yet I've only had raspberry lemonade. Come home, get out of truck, throw up. Get in house, Mike prepares me a bucket for just in case. Mike questions if Epi Pen is needed.
  • Go to Bed.

THE END.

16 comments:

Michelle said...

My week is sucking too. Full moon was yesterday. Hopefully, it's GOT to get better.
Love ya,
Michelle

Regina said...

Must be something in the air -maybe Michelle is right about the moon -life is sucky here, too -but not peanut allergy meets stupid people sucky - that's just wrong on so many levels. Be whiny! It beats the alternatives!!!

Suzan said...

So, your father doesn't understand about your peanut allergy?! Good grief!! I feel so badly for you. Hopefully today is better and tomorrow will be great!

jillquilts said...

Dang! That sucks! FUnny thing - I was thinking about you and your allergy Monday night at my small guild group meeting. How odd is taht? I should've told you yesterday and you would've been resolved to say - NOT HERE! NOT HERE! ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

Mad about Craft said...

Horrible!!! Hopefully things will get better - but you are thinking 'when'?

Moneik said...

Oh how terrible! I'm feeling for you. That really sucks! Hope today was a better day for you. Vent all you need as I'm here to support you any way I can.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

It sounds like this entire week for everyone sucks. But, Jennifer Lynne how could you not tell your Dad NO???? By now that man needs to understand the severity of your allergies. He needs things spelled out for him and you have to do it or I swear I'll do it and you really don't want to make me do it now do you?

Diane said...

If your father does not have a clue about the severity of peanut allergies, it seems to me that you better start putting you first and refuse to eat at a place like that. Too bad for him!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Not good here either. I'm going with the tomorrow is a new day plan and IT better not suck! Feel free to use my plan as needed....
Hang tuff, Jen!
Regina

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow what a day you had. My Tuesday wasn't so bad. I hope your wednesday was better. I will be trying to catch up with people the next couple of weeks but I'm sure you know how that goes.

HEather

Hazel said...

Speak up Jen I'm sure your dad will understand he just needs to have it spelled out for him .I sympathize with you ,I have perfume allergies and a lot of people just don't get it .Smile girl ,your week just has to get better .

Barb said...

Shame on him!! Hopefully you laid the guilt on thick and told him what happened afterwards!
Congrats on the moving date. We will be moving buddies ~ June 15 is our move in date as well. Good luck

Regina said...

Uh oh - your Mom used your full name - now you're in trouble!!!

Trish said...

I think you should let your Mom explain it to him... LOL... I'm betting he won't forget again! And when my Mom calls me Patricia Lynn ... I run for cover ....

Colleen said...

I just can't believe it. I think my mouth actually fell open and I had a sharp intake of air when I read your post.

Freeblady said...

Oh Jen! I truly feel your pain! My daughter has multiple food allergies too. My MIL brought over a german chocolate cake (coconut frosting) the other day. My SIL eats the cake and proceeds to kiss my daughter all over her face (while I'm in the bathroom doctor scrubbing my hands and brushing my teeth)... that night was filled with benedryl and a night of paranoid sleep. If it's that bad, don't go. What's worse, a argument over a restaurant or you potentially in the hospital? I hope you're feeling better.

Robin