Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2000 - A Lovers...Mess

Here we are back to my holiday quilts. I attempted to make a Lover's Knot. In theroy, it turned out great. My fabric choices...NOT GREAT AT ALL!! It just proves that novelty fabric should be used sparingly. The three snow man prints are the same print, just a different color, the light is a Holly print. I've hated this quilt since before it was finished. But, at least I finished it...unlike another UFO that should not be named...


Ugly Lover's Knot Christmas Quilt




5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I can name that quilt ... the quilt that should not be named.... in one note....Harvest Spice. Say it with me....Harvest Spice! This quilt is not an ugly quilt. I like it and the snowmen are adorable. You're too hard on yourself. Just look at all the finished quilts you have made.
You do make me giggle though. How's the meltdown going?
Regina

Michelle said...

But soon, that unnamed quilt WILL be finished, and it will be MINE! woo hoo!!
Michelle

Suzan said...

You are right...ugly quilt, however, I am sure the execution of the techniques was very nice. (See...trying to put a "spin" on your ugly quilt). Did I mention that it is ugly? LOL!!

Moneik said...

Okay, chalk it up to being ugly and just remember you learned something about picking fabrics from it. I'm bad at imagining how fabrics will go together. Hmmm No Harvest Spice quilt has arrived at my house, so thankful Michelle got it!!!!

Kristie said...

Hi Jen, I'm back!!!!! That quilt is not so bad, I have a few that are terrible. It is amazing how we are like a fine wine...we get better with age!!!!
Kristie