Friday, June 6, 2008

2001 - A Graduation Quilt

This quilt was made for my "Best Friend Brother Type Person who was around more than he wasn't and when I got sick of him I could send him home" as a college graduation present. He wanted patriotic; red, white and blue. I let him pick the pattern, the fabric, decide the size; everything. Then he accepted a job in Kansas and became instant ass. Upon opening his quilt he said, "What the heck am I going to do with THIS in Kansas? It doesn't get that cold." Ok, I thought...moving right along. Things just wern't ever the same after that!!

TomsAmericanIrishChain020



On the back of the quilt, instead of a traditional label I wrote the lyrics to Garth Brooks song, "A Friend to Me" around the edge.

A Friend To Me

Well you and I
We're buddies
And we've been since we first met

Me and you
Well we've sure been through
Our share of laughter and regret

Lord knows we've had our bad days
And more than once we've disagreed
But you've always been a friend to me

You can be so stubborn
There's times I think you just like to fight
And I hope and pray
I live to see a day
When you say I might be right

And there's times I'd rather kill you
Than listen to your honesty
But you've always been a friend to me

You've always been
Time and again
The one to take my hand
And show to me it's okay to be
Just the way I am
With no apology

Oh you've always been
And you will 'til God knows when
Yes you've always been a friend to me


Actually, now that I think about it, we danced to that song at my wedding. I totally forgot about that.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Someday....he might regret the things he has said to you, and the way he has acted...if not, remember the days when he was special to you, and the special feelings you felt for him. God must have placed him in your life for a reason, but it's always sad when we lose the people we loved so much.
Michelle

Regina said...

It's a gorgeous quilt - and I love how you labeled it. It's amazing how things change through the years with people and relationships and friendships - frustratingly amazing...

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Not quiltworth. Just not. And that's one beautiful quilt too!
Regina