Thursday, June 12, 2008

2002 - Again with Valentine's Day

What I'm seeing here is the holiday quilt losing enthusiasm and I decided to try holiday wall hangings for my cubicle at work. This was my first experience with paper piecing and I swore not to try it ever again. You'll see I broke this vow in 2007 and I now LOVE it.


Valentines Day Wall Hanging



Honestly...Gale tried to teach me. I was a poor student. She's got a heart of gold...she made it through that Amish Star fiasco and then the paper piecing fiasco.

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Nice! I didn't care for paper piecing when I tried it. What's the secret to it, Jen? How's the move going? Did they get it cleaned yet?
Regina

jillquilts said...

I *love* paper piecing!! I really need to start working on wall hangings for work, too!

kt said...

you know... I don't know if I can read your blog anymore because I always end up finding more stuff that I have to do and I still don't have anymore time to do it in! ;) I enjoy paper piecing, but I end up taking on projects that are way over my head or something... I started a paper pieced QUILT (like full-size) of the 'children of israel' block. yeah, THAT quickly became a ufo. :) I guess I could turn it into a wall hanging or something...

Kristie said...

Very Nice! Honestly I love Paper Piecing now that I tried it! All of my Civil War Diary block are paper pieced. And I would never had the nerve to try it if you hadn't encouraged me to do it.
Kristie

Mom said...

Hi Jenn, This is Heather's Mom ,Nancy. I asked her for your blog site. Your work is amazing though I'm not ready to try quilting. For now I'll stick with my knit ,crochet and other things.

Bella said...

I love paper piecing too...in fact I have only made 5 quilts that were not PP! With this move...buy a bag of M&M's ...great destresser...lol!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I thought about holiday wallhangings and that is about as far as I got.. LOL

Heather