Sunday, June 29, 2008

2006 - Double Pinwheel Revisited

A few years earlier I had made a few double pinwheel quilts for gifts and then I started a blue one for our bed. By that point it became a job to make it. It was boring. I LOVED the pattern but couldn't see making up the amount of blocks that I needed. In the end, I made a lap quilt for my cousin April, a twin sized for myself, I harvested a bunch of the strips to make 2 Project Linus Quilts and there's STILL enough left over to make another twin sized quilt.

April's:


April's Double Pinwheel

April's quilt was given to her for her High School Graduation. I came up with this cute label to show that it was really truely meant to be used and abused!

Quilt Label


Mine:

Double Pinwheel Quilt




10 comments:

Gina said...

All those points to match. Ugh.

They turned out great and I love the label.

Love and hugs xxx

Carol VR said...

I love that tag. What a great idea.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love the quilts and the saying. Great one!

Regina said...

Love the label.

Moneik said...

Oh I love the one for you. The blues are awesome. The label is so cute too and so true.

Diane said...

Another great quilt! Love the saying.

butrfly2200 said...

The quilt is beautiful. How would you feel about the label being used by me. I just thought it was worded so nicely. If you don't want me to I won't but I think it has alot of potential. email me at mcnabca@efirehose.net and let me know . Thanks.
If it's no....then I will not use it.
:)Carol

butrfly2200 said...

The quilt is beautiful. How would you feel about the label being used by me. I just thought it was worded so nicely. If you don't want me to I won't but I think it has alot of potential. email me at mcnabca@efirehose.net and let me know . Thanks.
If it's no....then I will not use it.
:)Carol

Linda said...

The quilts look great and the label is cute too. I have done several blocks for the double pinwheel and several ladies in my small group are going to do an exchange so we can have some scrap quilts. I like to do blocks from strips but this does get a little boring after awhile. Hugs, Linda

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I love them they are beautiful. I really like the color blue that you chose. Ugh I am so homesick already and I haven't even left.. If I could take my sewing machine with me I really would

Heather