Saturday, June 28, 2008

2006 - I got a new machine

And then I really became a force to be reckoned with!!!

My first quilt on my new machine was Eleanor Burns' Underground Rail Road Quilt. I ordered my machine on a Saturday and I went directly to Jo-Ann Fabrics to pick out "ugly" fabrics that looked like Civil War prints. I really had no idea at that point that Reproduction fabrics existed because I wasn't into Quilt Stores yet. I cut all my fabrics and put the pieces for each block into separate baggies so that once my new machine arrived I could sew up a storm.


Underground Railroad Quilt


Of all the quilts I have ever made; this is the one that I am the most proud of.


11 comments:

Kristie said...

I LOVE this quilt!! That is a quilt that I have wanted to make for several years!!!
Kristie

Vera said...

Just wanted to let you know I awarded your blog the Arte Y Pico. Check it out!
http://www.myquiltblog.com/Vera/7362/

Vera

Regina said...

Just divine -even with "ugly" fabrics. LOL!

Moneik said...

What an interesting quilt! We don't have any stores that sell the civil war prints around here, but we saw a ton of them in MO.

Bethany said...

The quilt turned out fabulous! You did a great job and ugly fabrics do really work. lol

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

This is probably one of my favorite quilts that you've ever made.

kt said...

I *love* civil war fabrics... and this is fabulous. I have a ton of them, but haven't done the quilts yet. I will be using some for a couple classes I'm taking this summer at maine quilts. I have this book and have every intention of making it... eventually. :) way to go! though I'm assuming "ugly" is in quotes because you didn't like them then, but do now? :) and where are my pics of gabe's rippling biceps anyway! :D ;)

Diane said...

I understand why your most proud of this quilt, it is a great quilt.

SarahJean said...

Usual lurker here, but had to post. The quilt is beautiful!

Freeblady said...

Your color selection is great on this quilt. I turned out beautiful.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I have never really been into the civil war prints but I think that they are growing one me.

Heather